Chapter 28: Side Effects

Luna was about to say something but she just stopped and a frown replaced the fake smile that she was giving everyone. She hurried past everyone and up the stairs.

I followed quickly after her. "Luna?" 

We reached the hall and she stopped to look at me. "I've been called. If I don't leave now Blake will be sent out to get me." 

I frowned. "Why can't you just stay here? With us?" 

"Luna you don't have to go." I heard Noah say beside me. 

She looked shocked for a moment that he had said that to her but then a weak smile replaced the shock expression. She shook her head. "I know I never have to but that is my home. I can never leave Blake." She moved closer to Noah which surprised me. "No matter what you have to trust Aria. Help her." She looked at me but still talked to Noah. "She needs to finally accept it as a part of her." She backed away from him and looked at everyone, smiled then went out the front door.

It had been around 3 hours since Luna had left. Everyone tried to question everything that had happened, thankfully Noah handled them all or at least tried to. They were still shouting questions and insults here and there and as I was standing in the kitchen looking at my hands resting on the counters I had had enough. 

"Shut up!" I slammed my fist into the counter making it crack a little. I looked at them all. "Luna has done nothing wrong to you so why say those things?" I snapped.

Alex was the first to say anything to me. "She is taking you away from us again." He snapped back at me.

I glared but before I said anything Alexis spoke first. "Say she hasn't but you are still wearing that outfit and it's been hours." 

I hadn't changed out of my cat suit because I didn't feel like it. Part of me thought it would help me to accept everything but so far it hadn't done anything but cause more trouble. 

I took a deep breath to calm myself from shouting back at them. The only reason I had even came back to this place was because of Alex. If I didn't promise him I would go here then none of this would have happened. If I didn't travel with Alex, Jessica and Scarlet then I wouldn't have needed to stop which would have meant I wouldn't have ran into Ash. Meant I wouldn't have had to look at my family, wouldn't have had to see them disappointed. 

"I think I am going to put distance between us." I said not looking at them.

"So you will just leave us all again?" Alexis snapped at me. 

"I am just going to go out the back to get some air," I looked at them. "That way I won't do anything that I will, maybe, regret." I spoke heartlessly. 

Before they said anything I left out the back door, slamming it behind me. 

Why did they have to push me? Why did they have to shout and snap at me? Why did they have to look at me like I was some kind of a monster?

I sighed as I walked a bit away from the house and into the forest behind it. They looked at me like I was a monster because to them I was. I wasn't anything like the old Aria to them. I was nothing but a monster that had taken the form of their once loved friend, sister, daughter, wife. 

It wasn't all true though. I was still me, I still got scared and nervous. I was still afraid. Back when I was younger Shane was still experimenting on me so how I was now was just what was going to happen in the end. Shane never killed the real me, he just created something that made me stronger, faster and more able to survive. Believe it or not but I think I only survived Lucas crazy ass ex because of Shane. I was quicker at healing.