Chapter 19: Calm Before The Storm

Scarlet had made a cup of tea for her and Jessica just before we had gotten home so they sat back on the couch and Alex sat on the one beside the bigger couch. 

Jessica offered him a cup of tea but he turned it down. They all looked at me as I stood in the door, waiting for me to say something first. 

I took a breath. "I'm going to go upstairs and get changed," I looked at Alex. "You can give them the news." I smiled then walked away before he could say anything.

As I walked up to my room I heard Alex start telling them the story of what had happened. Part of me was tempted to run, that way no one would end up getting hurt but another part was telling me that Alex was willing to fight and die with me. He knew how messed up I was and how broken I was as a vampire yet he still stood by me. 

I opened the small cool box that held the blood bags but I closed it just as quickly as opening it. I didn't need one. I was drinking more blood than needed so it was time to cut down again. 

After getting changed into something a bit more comfortable I walked down the stairs again just as Alex was finishing his story. He ended the story after the building was set on fire and said nothing about the talk we had on the way home so I was glad.

"In the morning Alex and I are heading to the location that we got from Joshua. It will take us a couple of days. You two will be staying here." I said as I walked into the room.

"No you mean we all will be heading there in the morning. Together." Scarlet turned to me from where she sat.

"No. You won't be going." I repeated.

Jessica stood up. "Aria, you don't have a choice. Scarlet will be better the further she gets away from that town, she will be able to go out. For me, I'm the oldest one here and I came here on my own free will so I will leave when I please." She looked at me. "When you brought me here you brought me into this fight with you, all of you, I will see it to the end." 

I smirked. "You have a point but I don't care. It is too dangerous and Simon would kill me if anything would happen to you," I looked at Scarlet, "I have kept you alive this long and I'm not taking any chances in you kicking the bucket anytime soon." I folded my arms. "So no, what I say is final. You two are not coming with." 

They both looked at Alex. Where they serious? 

"Aria is right, it's too dangerous. We don't even know what we might be walking into." Alex frowned at them.

"I'm a cop, everything I do is dangerous and life threatening. I have...had a dangerous job. I can handle myself." Scarlet shouted at us.

Jessica looked at me, "You taught me how to fight." I looked at her. "We can help and we want to help as much as we can." 

"We will just take the car and follow you two." Scarlet points out.

I hear Alex sigh and I know what he's about to say. 

I let out a frustrated sigh. I did not want them anywhere near my home town. I didn't want them anywhere close to Shane. I had told Alex I would go see my family and I didn't want to do that in front of them. These were my demons that I was facing and I didn't want anyone to be in the crossfire. 

Glaring at them both I unfolded my arms and moved slightly closer to them. "Why are you two being so stupid?!" I snapped.

Alex stood up which made us all look at him. "Fine, you two can come because it's clear we can't talk you out of it. You two will have to protect yourselves because we don't know what will happen. We don't know if we can protect you. Know that this might be the death of one of you or both. Are you still willing to come?"