Chapter 10: A nice little liar

It had been a wonderful two days since I saw Luca and Alex had left. Waking up I had a smile on my face knowing that I would just be spending the day like the others. Don't get my wrong, it wasn't that I didn't like seeing Luca. I had missed him so much but I wasn't the same girl that he married so I believed that if he found out what I had done and been up to he would hate me. Which was strange considering that he is a a demon, pretty much the prince of hell. 

Alex was one of my best friends and I enjoyed my time with him and seeing him again. It was just that I was enjoying the break from people from my past appearing. I could tell that Alex hated what I had become and what I had done. Everytime he looked at me you could see it in his eyes, the disappointment. Would it be the same if everyone else knew? If my dad found out? 

After everything was dealt with, I would have to leave again but for now I would just pretend that I would be going home and staying with them.

As I got up I heard voices, my smile faded. After getting dressed and washed I made my way down the stairs. 

Scarlet smiled at me when I appeared and Alex stood with a smile on his own face. He needed to shave. I forgot that he was coming back.

"Aria, I stayed up all last night and I got some break through with the poison." She beamed.

I waited for her to speak more about it while I looked from her to Alex.

"The poison is made of different compounds that are not exactly human made or even heard of. It comes up almost undetected on any software I have but I have found out that it doesn't effect humans or vampires."

"We already knew if wouldn't effect humans. I have touched it and been in close contact with it so we already knew vampires wouldn't be harmed." I folded my arms with a sigh.

She ignored me and continued talking. "I tested Alexs blood along with ours and within seconds Alexs blood had been taken over."

I had given a small bit of my blood to Scarlet so that she could test it so that we could possibly narrow down the supernaturals that are at more risk. Alex must have given her his blood when he got in. It was only a vampire and werewolf that had been tested so we didn't fully know who was all at risk but it was a start. 

"I just need to look at what is similar between your blood and mine. It couldn't be because I'm human that humans are immune because werewolves are more human than vampires." 

I twitched at that comment. Reminders that I was always the monster compared to a wolf would always hurt. Some wolfs were worse than vampires. It just depended on either what you had been told or what you had seen. Alex wasn't one of the bad ones, that's why he was still my friend. It seemed that when a wolf and vampire where in the same room, the Big Bad Wolf didn't exist.  

"I will just need to compare the bloods of the three of us." 

"No." I snapped. I saw Alex move slightly to Scarlet in a protective manner. I rolled my eyes. Of course I was seen as a threat because I snapped. I sighed. "You have no need to look at my blood when you can look between yours and Alexs."

"I can see what is similar between our bloods." Annoyance rang of her tone but I didn't care.

"Where is the blood?" I demanded.

I admit I could have been more nice and calm about the whole thing but if she started to look more into my blood she would find things that I would rather her and Alex not know. Anyone for that matter. As a vampire we are protective over people looking at our blood. It isn't completely like other supernatural beings because we have more white blood cells than red and that was why we drank so much blood and how our blood clotted so quickly. Vampires can survive without drinking blood because it wasn't like we didn't have red blood cells, there just wasn't very much of them so now and again they would need topped up. That was the reason we could fight off most diseases, the white blood cells would kill it that quickly it wouldn't even have time to work.