Chapter 17: Old Demons

When I opened my eyes and tried to get up out of bed my body felt stiff. It wasn't sore but felt like I hadn't moved in so long. It felt like everything was asleep. I felt better than I had which meant that whatever Joshua had put into me was gone. The effects of it had worn off and when I finally pulled myself out of bed and got my body moving to fight off the stiffness I felt great.

Feeling a little hungry I took one of the blood bags from the ice cooler down to the microwave. It had been awhile since I had warm blood and with noone else up that ment I could have it. Once the blood was done I ripped it open but just as I was about to leave the kitchen again something out of the corner of my eye caught my attention.

A pretty wolf that I hadn't seen in a long time. Alex was a very beautiful wolf with a chestnut brown coat. I had to wonder if Lexi had ever saw him in that form or did he keep it hidden from her. I assumed she would have wanted to see it but Alex didn't seem like someone to show his wolf much. That was the first time I had seen him like since we had met again but then maybe he wasn't showing it because of the two humans that had become part of our party. Alex didn't notice me as his back was to me and he was walking into the woods.

Part of me really wanted to follow but I knew better. He had given me my space when I left so I had to show the same to him. I didn't even know if he was going to meet other wolves so it was best to stay put and just drink my lovely red beverage.

After drinking the blood I went back to my room to get dressed and my things ready for the little adventure Alex and I were planning on undertaking. When everyone finally got up and Alex had came back I was dressed in black jeans, flat boots and a top with a jacket with my hair in a pony tail I was downstairs when they made their way down.

"Morning. How are you feeling?" Jessica asked when she saw me sitting in the livingroom.

"I feel much better." I smiled.

"You mind if I check it?" She stepped closer to me.

"Not at all." I took my jacket off and let her lift my top up to see.

"There's nothing there..." Scarlet whispered

"I'm a vampire, it's expected." I moved away from Jessicas touch and stood up.

"You ready to go now?" Alex asked me.

I picked my jacket up and nodded to him. "You two be fine for a couple of hours?" I looked at Scarlet and Jessica.

"Yea, we will be fine." Scarlet smiled.

"Ring if you need anything or anything happens." I told them then looked at Alex. "Let's get going."

For a good little while we sat in silence in Alexs car, the only thing making noise was the radio. I gave him the address then said nothing more when we got in the car and from then nothing more was said.

I had hoped it would stay that way because I felt nervous to be alone with him after the night before. The drug had made me slightly want to tell him everything but I knew I couldn't. I knew that if he figured out what I had gone through and how much I really crave the feeling of taking someones life he wouldn't care as much as he claimed to.

"You feeling better?" Alex broke the silence and I glared out the window for a second.

"Yea, I feel great." I told the truth.

The stiffness had left my bones completely but it had left a buzzing feeling. It was kind of like my blood was viberating through my veins.

"Good, you looked like crap last night." He laughed.