Chapter 6: Choices

Staring at my bag I was so tempted to just pack it up and leave. Forget about the poison, forget about Joshua, forget about Alex and Anderson. It would have been so easy, so quick to just move on. I could have went anywhere in the world but instead I stayed. Was it because it felt good to not be so alone? With Alex around it felt good and it didn't feel like I wanted to give that up yet. The door to my room opened and Alex walked in. Then again I enjoyed the privacy.

"Bad news." He closed the door and looked angry. I sat on the bed and faced him, waiting for him to continue. "The poison can kill supers. It seems to have gotten a wolf from one of the extending packs. My contact in that pack was sure that it was the poison we are researching. They are keeping it under wraps for now until I find out more. I don't know how it is contracted so we should both be careful."

I blinked. "I assume it is safe to touch."

"You've touched it with bare hands even though you knew nothing about it?" He raised a judging eyebrow.

I shrugged. "Had to check it somehow."

He sighed. "I have some messages to do so I will talk to you later."

After Alex left I waited around ten minutes before leaving so that I was sure Alex was gone. It was during the day so I knew Joshua wouldn't send anyone after me and I hoped he got my message.

I was still tore between killing Anderson and keeping her alive. The two options had their pros and cons. If I killed her I would get paid, get her off my back completely and get my enjoyment out of it but that being said the police would investigate me for her murder and Alex would probably be pissed at me. Keeping her alive meant that the police wouldn't look into me for her murder and I would have a reason to kill Joshua because I would have to keep him from sending people to kill her. So when I thought about it in the end I was screwed no matter what option I took. That meant I had to pick who I was more afraid off: Alex, the not so mighty wolf that knows how to find me and where I am, or Joshua, the dick who seems to have many connections and know more than he lets on. It was a tough decision and I didn't have long to think of the correct answer. Whatever was going to happen had to happen soon as there wasn't anymore time left. The meeting with Joshua was just about a day away and if I didn't do something he would. That being said Joshua didn't seem like he got his hands dirty though but he seemed like the one to fear when he decided to play the game.

Spring was getting closer with every passing day which made everything seem more refreshing. To me I always thought of Spring as a new start because of everything regrowing. The trees grew new leaves and baby animals were born. Spring was on of the nice times of the year, everything started to get warmer even though I could hardly feel it at all.

As I sat down in the park to just take a breather and think things through while staring at the fountain someone that I hoped to not hear from yet sat beside me.

"Hello Lilly." Joshua looked at the paper he unfolded.

"Can I help you?" I snapped looking at him.

"One day left. Get the job done." He barked back, clearly unhappy with the tone of voice I used.

"And if I don't?" I stared at the fountain again.

"You and your family will die." My eyes snapped towards him, confused with his words. "That's right, darling. I know who you really are." He smiled an evil brilliant smile at me. "I was there when you were, how should we say, created. Yes, when you became the killing machine you are now. Shane done wonderful work, he choose the vampire for his experiment well."

I stood up, ready to run. "What!? I don't remember you. I don't know what you are talking about!" I said through gritted teeth.

He glared up at me, his eyes held a warning that I ignored. "Shane had been keeping an eye on you for sometime and might I say picking a tracker vampire as his hitwomen was smart. The only smart thing that man did. Of course you don't remember me, you were drugged most of the time there." He folded the paper again then stood to look down at me with a death threat. "Now you work for me. Full time. Kill who I want you to kill and if you don't," He smirked. "I will gladly kill everyone you love." He smiled like he hadn't threatened me at all. "Now I had planned a more pleasant chat with you but I see that will not happen. Hopefully tomorrows chat has more promise. Good day," He leaned down to my ear. "Miss Frost."

My fist twitched as he moved away from me walking back the way he came. I was frozen but soon enough I was back on the move heading to Alex back at the motel, hoping that he was there.

I was scared. For the first time in so long another person had put fear into me so easily. I had started to feel, to care more than I should have in this line of work. If what he said was true, and I didn't doubt that it was because he mentioned Shanes name, what was I suppose to do? In my head I trusted that Alex would know what to do because I didn't want to relive what Shane, that bastard, had put me through. I didn't want my family dead but I also didn't want them to know what I was doing and what had happened. Joshua knew I was a vampire and he knew about me being drugged when Shane had me. I didn't expect such a short conversation to effect me so much.

By the time night had fallen again Alex still wasn't back from where ever he had ventured. Then again I didn't stay in my room because as soon as it fell dark I left. I was, somewhat, being controlled by both my own curiosity and by the hunter that lived inside of me. Those were the reason I stood in the shadows across from the police station. Listening just for her wasn't as hard as you would think and when I found her, I listened only to her.

Thinking of ways to kill her was interesting, and with not long left choices had to be made soon. Granted the choice shouldn't have been as hard and it probably wasn't as hard as I was making it out to be, but it was to do with saving my own skin and keeping my alias without the title of cop killer was important. Then again creating a new one was pretty simple and Joshua wouldn't be out for my head or my families. However, Joshua had threatened to kill me and my family so he should be the one I was hunting down.

Around an hour had past until Anderson walked out of the station. A hand cupped around my mouth and pulled me back. Pulling away I got ready to attack until I saw it was Alex.

He matched my glare with his own, he looked like he was ready to commit murder.

"What were you about to do?" He hissed at me.

"Nothing, I was just watching." I stepped back from him. "Now if you excuse me I will meet you back at the motel in an hour." I turned my back to him and ran into the darkness to follow her and before he could utter a word to me.

Thankfully she was walking pretty slowly so I was quick enough to catch up but she didn't seem to live that far. Her house was around twenty minutes away from the station. It was a nice little town house and from what I could tell she only lived there. It was small with it's own little space between the houses beside it. She seemed to have nice garden out front that had a mail box in it.

I frowned. The choice had been made and I was going to fulfill my choice. Heart racing as much as it could, my feet carried me to the house.

It was time. No matter what. No matter who dies. It would be on my shoulders and I would live with that until the day death knocks on my door. When death did knock on my door, that was the day I would get to see Luca again.