Chapter 8: Moving on

I had made my way back to the motel room to get my stuff picked up when Alex had came in and told me he would be waiting at his car. He had asked me how the meeting had went and I told him that the sooner we left the better. 

Getting into Alexs car I smelt her and it hurt. I missed my best friend, Alexis, so much that her scent brought little tears to my eyes. I had smelt her off Alex but it seemed like a stronger smell in the car. Forgetting about her and blinking the tears away I focused on the road ahead. 

Everything had been so much easier a couple of nights before but now my old friend, Alex, had walked back into my life which brought danger to himself. I met Scarlet Anderson which made me stay a little longer than I should have. I talked to a little demon girl, Chloe, on the way to my meeting with Joshua. I probably shouldn't have talked to her but I couldn't help myself, it had felt nice being around a demon even though it wasn't the demon I wanted to be around. Then there was Joshua Caine, he was a pain in the backside and the reason I had a human to now keep safe for a while. I could say that if I had just ignored Alex and left after my job none of it would have happened but that wasn't the truth. Was it when I found out there was poison that started the wheels on the train? Or was it the person that gave me the job that sent me there? 

Either way I now had two things to do, help Alex find the source of the poison and keep Scarlet safe for as long as needed to be. 

"Aria?" Alexs voice chimed in breaking through my thoughts.

"Yes?" I looked at him.

"Are you alright?" He looked at me with worry then back at the road.

I smiled at him. "I'm fine."

The place that was now going to the base of operations for Alex and I until we dealt with the poison problem and kept Scarlet safe was just under an hour away from the motel. It seemed to be a house in the middle of a field with trees hanging on the long drive way to it. The area it was in was beautiful, it was in the open but also not as the trees where placed around it. The house wasn't small but it wasn't huge. It was a two story grey bricked house and an arch over the black door that had a silver knocker. 

After getting my two bags from the car I followed Alex inside. The inside was something different. The smell of wolf hit my nose like a brick to the face but it was soon followed by the smell of something sweet. The walls were a plain bare white which surprised me as the house seemed to be so decorated that I expected some from of photos or art work on the walls.

"What is this place?" I looked at Alex.

"One of my packs house. It is more of a safe house that is rarely used. I stacked the fridge yesterday and made sure we had everything for the stay here. You can have the attic room." Alex smiled and the started to walk towards the sweet smell.

I followed him and found Scarlet with her hair up, an apron on and rolling out dough in the kitchen. 

She seemed happier than I thought she would have been. When she saw me she froze a little. "How did it go?" She put down the rolling pin.

"It went fine." I looked at Alex. "I take it you got what I need too?" 

"Yea, the box is in the room." 

I was about to leave the kitchen but Scarlet decided different. "You owe me answers and I expect them now." 

I sighed. "What do you want answers to?" 

"Everything. How many identities do you have?" 

I smiled at her. "I can't tell you that." Turning my back to her I walked out of the room and headed to the large stairs. "Alex can answer most of your questions." I called back to her.