Chapter 1 : A Vampires Journey

Five years. 

It had been five years. Five long, annoying and heart breaking years. I had left everything behind after those that threatened to hurt my family had been dealt with. Even though I knew they would be safe I couldn't take the chance in them finding out how much I enjoyed it. I would still have them in some form of danger, be it from myself or from someone that I could end up pissing off. 

I still loved my stupid beautiful demon husband, Luca, and to help cope with that I turned my emotions off. He would be coming 23 soon and I was coming 22. I wondered if he was with someone else or if he was still looking for me. I had kept tabs on him the first two years but when I slipped up and let him see me it broke my heart. To see his eyes with so much hope as he moved towards me as I stood frozen to the spot. It broke me. I ran from him while holding back tears and from that day I knew I had to stay away from him. That was when I turned my emotions off. 

You would think having your emotions turned off would completely stop you from feeling but sadly that wasn't the case. Now and again an emotion would slip through the veil and I have no control over what it is. It could be sadness, hurt, lust or dread, it could be any emotion. In my line of work that was a bad thing.

I had also started to drink less blood, usually I would have to have one every other day but now I had stretched it to eight months being the longest that I had went without needing a single drop. I knew it was a dangerous game but it kept me out of the eyes of other supernatural people. I wanted to not have to deal with that part of the world for as long as I could. I worked for humans, well at least those that could afford me or find me. 

My "work" had taken me across the country if not further, across the world. I'd went to the place I was born, the place my mum was buried. When I was there I saw that Tylers name had been added to the tomb beside hers though I knew Tyler wasn't buried there. They both weren't really buried, vampires had to get their bodies burnt when they died so what I saw was only a memory that was placed in the town which my family line had started. Their ashes were made into diamonds and kept with my dad at all times. Depending on your status your ashes would get turned into the appropriate jewel.

As I stood watching the nightclub entrance I let my mind wonder back to my mum and how we once were all a happy family but I kicked it out of my mind just as quick as it came in. There was no time for such thoughts. I was here to work. I was here to kill. It's all I had come to know in the past years and I wasn't about to stop and think. Thinking about anything else but the target I had been given would be bothersome. 

When I saw my target enter the building I soon followed. Getting into nightclubs, or bars, was troublesome as I did only look around 20, though some thought I was 18, because I had stopped ageing. It didn't stop my work. I always got in to any place I wanted. Showing the bouncer my "fake" ID I was let in. It wasn't completely fake, the age was correct but everything else wasn't. Tonight my name was not Aria Frost, but Clover Williams. She was one of my four aliases all of them the same age but different names and places of birth. I didn't have one with my real name, I didn't trust using it at all. 

Noticing that the target was already at the bar I pushed past the crowd. I kept my eye on him and listened to his heart, drowning out everyone elses. I stopped at the bar and ordered a drink though I didn't plan on drinking it. It was simply so I could keep a close eye on him. He was cute, though his heart wasn't beating along with the music. He was afraid which made me wonder why. He had no reason to be afraid, he didn't know he was going to die. He looked tense and nervous. His brown eyes seemed distant and when he ran a hand through his dark blonde hair I could see the sweat building on his brow. Was he warm? He was dressed relaxed in a top and jeans but something told me that it was all just his nerves.