Chapter 18: All out in the open

I hated that Joshua was being reasonable. He was saying things that made sense. He said things about my life between the time I had left and now. He spoke about Simon and Jessica, he spoke about how close I grew to them. No one knew about my relationship with them and Alex had only found out when he met Jessica. 

"Shane wanted to watch you interact with the poison, he planned the hit on the first man that you encountered with the poison." Joshua spoke quickly when he saw how annoyed and angry I was getting. 

"So this man created the poison that has been killing supernatural!" Alex shouted. "You've been helping him!?" Alex grabbed Joshua.

I put my hand on Alexs shoulder. "Let him go." Alex released him from his grip. "That man was a test subject?" 

Joshua brushed himself off and glared at Alex before looking at me. "A test to see how long it would take for the poison to kill and to see if you would get interest in it." 

"If it is all Shane then why is he getting a company to make the poison? From what I remember he had a lot of say and a lot of hands on work." I snapped.

"If he started working again and came out of the shadows, you would find him. He wanted you to believe he was dead." 

"Then why now!?" I screamed.

I could feel my hands shaking and I really wanted to hurt him. I wanted to lash out.

Joshua went on to say that Shane wanted to watch her, he always had someone keeping tabs on her. He wanted to know how she would react to everything he threw at her. When he found out that Alex found me he was happy because it was another thing I had to overcome. He didn't expect me to give up killing to help Alex find the person responsible for the poison. He had expected me to ditch Alex and was surprised when I didn't. Shane had developed the poison but it was in a small lab and he wanted it done on a bigger scale. As he knew what Jessica did he went to the company she worked for so that I would have to talk to Jessica again and see what she was doing. 

Then he started to get bored but excited. He was itching to talk to me, itching to be out from the shadows and do his own work. When I started to get closer to finding out who it was he let Joshua inject me with a final injection from the work he was doing to me

"I want to see him." I spoke softly. 

He was trying to control my life again and at parts he had which made me feel uncomfortable. I wanted to see him, to see him alive and to touch him. 

"He said you would." Joshua gave me an address that was halfway across the country. "That's the place he is at, it's where we all go to report in."

"Why did you want to meet here?" I controlled my anger.

"I wanted to make sure that the injection didn't harm you, to make sure that you were alright." 

"Is that what he sent you to do?" 

"Yes." 

I clenched my fists, part of me hoped Joshua was going to be nice. He said that he had cared about me and didn't agree with some of the things Shane was doing. I stepped closer to Joshua. "I was only ever an experiment, it seems I will never be allowed to forget but I can stop more people from getting hurt like I did." In one quick motion I snapped Joshuas neck. 

I looked at Alex who just stared at me. "You got some explaining to do." 

I nodded.

"Pour some drinks on the floor and the bodies, it's best to burn everything." 

I nodded again and done what he said. 

The anger within me had passes when I started to think more about how when I thought I was free I wasn't. I felt hurt and numb. I thought giving up my life and loved ones would save other people but it didn't. So many people had died and I still didn't know how Shane was still alive.