Chapter 32: Crazy is in the blood

Taking my gaze away from Blake I looked at the floor and fell to my knees. Wrapping my arms around me I acted like I was in pain. I looked up at Shane with pain filled eyes.

"It hurts." I winced. 

He rushed to me. "What hurts, Aria?" He turned into his scientist mode, a tone of voice that I remembered far to much. It wasn't an actual caring, it was the tone of voice that was like his experiment had an interesting discovery and he was about to uncover more for his research. 

I let out a shaky breath. "Everything," I looked at the floor away. "Everything hurts." I whispered. "Please make it stop." I started coughing which made me lean over the floor. To add more effect I let one of my fangs dig into my tongue to draw blood so that I started spiting it out. Wiping the blood with the back of my hand I looked back up at Shane with pleading eyes. "Shane please." I begged.

Something in him clicked and he started to panic, which was very odd to see. Standing straight he looked at Blake with fear filled eyes. Did he think I was dying? "Lift her and follow me." He ordered already walking out the door, his voice calm but it held so much authority.

Blake towered over me with a frown on his face. Was he believing me? I had no idea. Bending down he gently lifted me bridal style and held me close to his chest while I bit another hole in my tongue because the other had healed. 

That time though I bit to hard and more blood than expected started to fill my mouth, letting some tittle out of the side of my mouth I let out a pain filled groan. Which caused Shane to look back at me with worry. 

Everything was working as I had planned so far. Blake was carrying me further into the house behind Shane who was rushing somewhere. The plan could all backfire so easily which made me more excited. The fact that Blake could easily notice and turn on me or Shane could take us somewhere other than where I had hoped. The amount of holes in my stupid plan made me laugh. I was crazy for doing a plan that had so many holes in it but then again crazy ran through my blood. 

My eyes widened. 

That was where the faking wasn't really faking anymore. The pain wasn't fake anymore. Pain grew from my stomach making me wince and grab a handful of Blakes top as my breathing quickened. I internally rolled my eyes at myself, pretending to be in pain ended up with me being in pain. It wasn't a pain that I had felt before and it was so painful that I wanted to crawl into a corner of a room and cry.

"Shane, she's burning up." Blake warned, worry laced his voice.

My arm that had most of the markings on it felt like it was on fire and like it was going to burst, there felt like there was so much pressure on it. Closing my eyes I tried to calm my breathing. I'd dealt with pain before, many different levels. I'd gotten through horrible life changing pain but this. This was nothing compared to the demons, compared to having to pull a small part of a knife that was close to my heart out. All those times I pretended to not be in pain even though instead all I wanted to do was fall down and cry until it went away. Being in true pain now wasn't going to change my plan.It couldn't. I wouldn't like any amount of pain stop me from finally dealing with the pain in an ass, Shane. I would deal with it and come out of it on the other side. Dead or alive I was taking Shane down with me.

I failed to do it once but this time I was certain that what I had planned would work and if not I would hope that I would have done enough damage that he wouldn't be able to continue. He didn't regrow organs or anything so then it should be no problem. Right? I gulped internally.

I had calmed my breathing and opened my eyes just as we went through double doors into a bright white room. A lab. I hid my smile. Perfect.

"Put her down on the table and strap her in." Shane hurried over to a table with his back to us.