Chapter:25

I was stuck scrubbing the front steps after greasing them yesterday. Two of Cris' uncle's goons died a painful death on these stairs yesterday thanks to me. Cris was both prideful and distasteful with me for it. Louis is scrubbing the back patio and the entire walkway.

I finished before him and started on the back stairs. I slipped my foot caught between two of the steps. Cris is in his office checking his email. I let out a loud string of curses mostly for the slick stairs. I couldn't get my foot loose from the trap. I took several calm breaths before analyzing the situation. I could see exactly how it was caught.

I pulled my phone out and called for help. It hurt severely. The longer I sat here, the worse it hurt. I couldn't get it out myself. Neither of them picked up. Must have had their phones on silent. I yelled out profanities at the top of my lungs. My throat burning. I don't curse on a normal basis, this is a special occasion though.

I knew there was a camera in the kitchen. I then threw my phone across the room making it hit the sliding glass window cracking it and destroying my phone in the process. The door opened revealing Louis. "Finally. My throat hurts and so does my ankle." I yelled.

"Hold still Star." He said. He put cloth over the sticky to get to me. "Lean on me." He said. I did just that. It hurt as he tried to loosen it. I hit his shoulder blade getting him to stop. "It's not working." I said. "I'm about to make it work. Your safety is more important than one of these stairs. You should have let me get the stairs Star. This one was my plan." He said.

"You would have been here instead of me." I said. "Did you try the office phone?" He asked. "Don't have it." I said. "His fault for not giving it to you." Louis said as he hit a call button. A few seconds later Cris came running. "Phone was in the bedroom wasn't it?" Louis asked. "How you both didn't hear me yelling is beyond me." I said with teeth gritted.

"We need to remove the step above her and the one she's on." Louis said. The longer this takes the worse my ankle hurts. "How bout removing my ankle without injuring it anymore than it is now!" I yelled. I was frustrated now! I feel like crying. My throat hurts from yelling. I want out of this. I didn't know tears were threatening to fall until a thumb pad wiped them away.

"Hold her still. Your going to be cleaning these after she's out and everything is assessed." Cris told Louis. Louis moved to hold me still while Cris removed the board below me. "Grab below her foot." Cris commanded. Louis did and carefully lifted my ankle out. I cringed at the pain.

"Got her." Louis got off the stair case. Cris didn't look too thrilled. I was sat up on the kitchen counter. Cris was the one that took my shoe off and sock. "It's swollen. Fix an ice pack." Definitely not happy. Now with the rest of the adrenaline wearing off the lower half of my leg throbbed.

"Where else does it hurt baby?" Cris asked. "My leg." I answered. "It's swollen too." He said. I had two ice packs on my left leg. "I want you to finish cleaning those stairs. She should have not been cleaning them by herself." Cris said. Louis didn't say anything. "I need to go finish an email." Cris said as he left. The scowl evident on his face.

"I'm sorry Star. That should have been the first thing I cleaned." Louis said. "It's fine Lou. I should have told you I was starting the back stairs." I said. "It's not fine. You could be severely injured from that." He said coming over to me. "I know my ankle is at least sprained. I still should have told you I was going to clean the stairs. You probably would have said wait for me to start cleaning them." I said.

"Your right on that note Star." Now I wanted a hug from him. I held my arms out wanting a hug. He hugged me. "You know I would never do anything to hurt you." He said. I nodded. "Would you like to be somewhere more comfortable?" He asked. I shook my head. After this happening I will not let him be by himself in case of him getting caught.

The ice was secured to my leg and ankle. When the thirty minute timer went off I took the ice off and got off the counter. I asked Louis where he was at. "Halfway up. Don't come up. It's still slippery." He warned. "Ok. Do you want me to come up the front steps?" I asked. "No. Stay put." He said. My leg ached. "Is my leg supposed to ache?" I asked.

He came down the stairs and sat down in front of me. "Down here by your ankle or where the boards were holding it?" He asked. "In that area." I said. He felt the area. "It's either cracked or broken." He said. "It hurts." I said. "The stairs are going to have to wait." He said standing and picking me up.

"The swellings down. Ankle may be on the verge of breaking. This is why I didn't want you coming up the stairs. It was one thing that you got off the counter using your good leg, it's another to go up stairs without help." He said as we went through the house. Cris was just coming out of his office.

"What's wrong?" He asked. "Lower leg may have a break or crack in it. The swelling is gone." Louis told him. It hurt to be touched. "I know where we can go without an appointment. If it's broke it's your fault."