Chapter:12

When we got home from work something in the kitchen smelled good. Louis came from upstairs to greet us. He kissed us both before he and Crispin went to the living room. I went upstairs to change. I entered my room going to the dresser. I grabbed a pair of yoga pants and a regular tee shirt.

When I put it on it fell past mid thigh meaning it was one of theirs. Most likely Louis. I went downstairs and saw them on the couch cuddling. I walked over to them and curled up between them letting them hold me. A head resting on mine felt good. "Think it's time she found out?" Louis asked Cris. "No." Crispin said sharply.

"Tell me what?" I asked. Crispin sighed. "Would you believe me if I told you that the business is a cover for something illegal?" Crispin asked. I moved to see him better. I scrunched my brows. "Meaning?" I asked just before the cook yelled out that supper was ready. Man I'm going to shoo her out of the kitchen one day so I can cook for these two.

"After dinner. My room." Was all he said before Louis lifted me up and set me on my feet. I felt a hand to my butt knowing it was Cris. It's his way of saying 'your butt is mine.' I stopped caring about him doing it by now. It's one way he shows affection. It doesn't hurt with how hard he hits. I know it turns them both on though.

We ate in near silence until two men barged in from the back and said they had to speak with Cris. He glanced at both Louis and I before standing up. "How important is this?" He asked them. They looked at each other before saying, "Your life." I didn't understand what they were talking about. "One moment." Cris told them.

He gave us both that look to go up to his bedroom. I got up and started going towards the stairs. Crispin caught me by the waist. "Louis will tell you. I'm sorry I need to go to the office real quick. It's security measures. I'll be back later." He said before kissing my forehead. I nodded before following Louis.

He closed the bedroom door and leaned against it. "He said you would explain." I said quietly. "He did say that." He moved away from the door and over to the ottoman to sit. "You need to believe me when I say what I'm about to tell you." He told me. I nodded. "I didn't believe it at first until someone used me as leverage to get to him. He's not only the boss of an oil company, he's the boss of a gang, it's more of a mafia if you believe that better." Louis said.

"Explain?" I said/asked. "All those men coming in and out of his office? Those are alliance members, and bosses of their own cover. That's why he says don't go into the office when there are important people there. They decided that his office building is the safest one to hold meetings and talk about certain things. When those two said his life, that meant that he had to spend a few hours at the building going over a plan to keep himself and us out of danger. It's protocol for him."

"So he distances himself from the ones he loves and cares about so we don't get hurt?" I asked. "Yes. He sat down and told me everything after I had accused him of cheating on me three years ago. Now that he's the big boss, he has to take same protocol as his father did. If he's gone too much we need to tell him. If not he'll stay there until late at night not even coming for a break once you both are off." Louis said.

I nodded. He stood up coming to me holding me against him. His hands found my bare back. I reached my hands up under his shirt, resting them on his chest. "You get used to it after a while." He said before kissing the top of my head.