Chapter:4

I woke up to my alarm. I got up and into the clothes I had on the dresser. Nothing else here is mine now. I don't want it either. I packed everything I wanted last night along with help from Louis. I put my phone in my back pocket and rolled my charger up before remembering that I need to get an actual car.

I went into the living room with my shoes seeing Louis sitting there watching tv. He's a little lankier than Mr. Sheallow, but still looked like he worked out. His hair was a rich dirty blonde with brown streaks through it. I was able to see his eyes last night. A brilliant green that could light up a room.

He was funny and didn't mind helping me pack my things. "Would you like to get breakfast on the way there?" He asked. "If you want to. I've got to find somewhere to get rid of my car that has way too many miles on it for anyone to be driving." I said. "Fine by me. I'll follow you where ever it is." He said.

"How bout the scrap metal yard?" I asked. "Alright." He said getting up. I put my boots on and grabbed the keys along with one of the bags. "I've got the other ones Star." Louis said picking up the others. I went out the door with him then taking the lead to the car he drove here. It was super nice.

"I wouldn't drool Star. He let me borrow the car to come get you." Louis said as he opened the trunk. I could feel heat on my cheeks. "Blush looks good on you." He said smiling. I put my duffle in the trunk. "I'll follow you there." He said closing it. "Think I could get a jump first?" I asked as I took the house key off the ring.

"Yeah. Sure." He said. I hid the key under a flower pot before going to my car. I popped the hood. "Is this a new battery?" He asked. "Was new three months ago. Needed a new car six months ago." I said. "Try to start it." He said. I did. It turned over at least five times. "Try it again." He said. I did. "I don't think there's any starting this car Star." Louis said. I groaned.

"I'll see if I can call the guy." I said before getting out and dialing the number. Ten minutes later a tow truck pulled up. "What's wrong with it?" Gage asked getting out. "Won't start even with a jump. The axels are rusted and about to fall off, the engine isn't cooling itself off even after I put coolant in it. It doesn't lock, its scrap." I told him.

"In that case. Here's eighty and the tow is free." Gage said handing me four twenties. "Thank you. I never want to see it again." I said handing him the key. I grabbed the only thing I wanted out of it before letting Gage take it. Once the tow truck was out of sight Louis pulled me closer to him.

"I graduated high school with him." I said. "Small town living." He said. "I'm hungry let's go for food. I would let you drive somewhere, but it's for the way there and I don't know if you can handle that." I chuckled as he led the way around the car to the passenger side. He opened the door letting me slide in.

He closed it before jogging around to the other side. He wore jeans and a regular tee shirt. He got in and started the car. It was the newest model mustang. He backed out of the parking spot and left the apartment complexes. The first place he saw he pulled in. Luckily this town only had the diner and sonic. My phone dinged. 'Morning bird. Hope you slept well.'

Louis' phone vibrated. He smiled before texting back. We ordered breakfast and drinks before waiting. "Did you sleep good?" He asked. "For the most part." I said. "Did you honestly sleep well?" He asked. "I just wasn't use to everything happening just like that." I said. "Insomnia on occasion?" He asked. "More like nerves trying to kill me." I said.

"Do you want to try and sleep on the way there?" He asked. "If I can." I said. He rubbed my thigh down near my knee as if it was out of habit. Our food came out. He had used a card to pay for it. "Ready?" He asked after the person was gone. I nodded. After I finished I yawned. "Lean against me if that would make you more comfortable." He said setting one arm on the console.

Sheallow

My phone rang as I was kicked back on the couch. "On your way?" I asked Louis. "Yeah. My arm is asleep though. Don't know how long she slept last night due to nerves. I told her she could sleep on the way there. All I can say is that she sure does look cute hon." He said. I scoffed. He sounded like he was whispering.

"Are you whispering?" I asked. "She's asleep on my arm. I can't move it." He said. "How far out  are you?" I asked. "Just hit city limits. Keep an eye out." He said.