Chapter:23

I sat in the office watching. I saw a man walk in with more tattoos than I can count. I hit the button for Cris to see this guy. A quick message popped up on my phone. 'Get out of the building.' As soon as the guy locked eyes on me I stood and left. Cris went to the door to distract the guy. I quickly went to the second floor to check the outer cameras. Several guys were waiting for someone to exit.

I checked the back. No one yet. Then the parking garage exit. No one. I bolted out. I got to the car and got in. I made sure my self defense was in the car before backing out and going to the house. I spotted a tail and got to where I lost them before going to the house.

I went directly to my room and changed into jeans and a pair of boots along with a shirt. I had a bag packed and ready to leave if I have to. Louis came up the stairs whistling. I sighed as he came into my room. "Sent home?" He asked. I nodded.

He sat down next to me. I curled up next to him. "Don't worry Star. He'll be ok." He said. I nuzzled into his side.

Crispin

"Lovely secretary you have." "Your not getting her." I said. "Why not? It's usually just cash I want for a payment to help you keep your little gang safe." "Your gang may be three times bigger than mine, but that doesn't mean we can't defend our own." I said. "Oh, I did hear about that run in with Antonio's. He's the one that contacted me of her." I didn't move from my seat.

No one is going to get her. I can't text or anything to tell them to head for the safe house. Least the parameter of the house is high and electrical. I want to be there to comfort them. There is no negotiating with this man. "What do you want other than her?" I asked.

"Just her. Have her packed by five. I'll swing by and get her myself. If her or that boyfriend of yours causes any trouble, you won't see her again. She'll be starved unless pregnant, made weak, I'm sure my men will love messing with her." He said.

I've got to keep my cool. "Oh, and Crispin." I kept my gaze on him. "Don't try to send them away or send some of your guys in. They'll only be killed. And I'd hate to have that happen to my favorite nephew."