Chapter:8

Dinner was cooked for us. A phone rang. Louis looked at his phone before sliding it over to Crispin. Crispin stood quickly and took the phone with him going out to the backyard. "Don't worry bout it Star." Louis said. I must of had a confused look on my face. He sighed. "I guess if you know you'd understand better." He said shoving his plate away barely touched.

I waited a minute before following him. He was in a bedroom that I assumed was his. "I won't judge." I said standing in the doorway. His head snapped my way. "You honestly want to know?" He asked. "Like I said I won't judge." I said. He sat up and looked at me before starting, "It's my ex boyfriend. He thinks he can still walk into my life and boss me around to put it nicely."

"Sounds more like abuse." I said. "How'd you guess?" He asked. "Similar situation. I know what to look for. He didn't get as bad as he could have; he got drunk at home, killed his own father for intervening while he was beating his mother senseless. I didn't know I was next to be nearly killed. Don't have to worry bout him for another decade." I said.

He held his arms open for me to come to him like he did when we met. I wrapped my arms around him. My legs over his lap. "I was also disowned by my family because of my dating preferences." He said. "Mine left me that apartment and everything in it. They divorced once I was out of high school and have their own families on opposite sides of the country." I said setting my head on his shoulder.

"Then I guess misfits belong together." He said. "Think we should go back and try to eat?" I asked. "Cris might worry." He said. "I guess it's nice knowing someone like him." I said. "It is. Life definitely is easier with him around." He said. He stood up setting me on my feet in the process.

"I like talking to you." Louis said as we went down the hall. "I like talking to you too." I said as we went down the stairs. We both entered the dining room and sat down just before we heard the back door slam shut. Louis gave a sympathetic look and I returned it as Crispin was muttering curses under his breath.

He wiped his face with his hand before continuing to eat. Louis and I both continued. When I was done, I took my plate to the kitchen before returning. Louis had finished his. I offered to take it seeing the look he had on his face. He nodded letting me take it. I took the back stairs up to my room.

Louis

"Your phone number was changed. If he gets ahold of that number he'll be dead." Cris said. "Is it too early to say that I already love her?" I asked him. "Does she know now?" He asked. "Yeah. She was almost in the same situation as me. We probably wouldn't of met her if no one stopped him." I said.

Cris scoffed. "Give it more time before you let your feelings decide." He said standing and taking his plate to the kitchen. I followed. I was practically making myself vulnerable to him. "She might find out on her own in the two weeks." I said. He turned to me. "Then we'll just have to ease into if she does find out." He said.

"And talk to her then?" I asked. "Yes. Then we'll sit down and talk it out." He said before pecking my lips. I could tell he was wanting to destress. "You know what I want." He said. "Bedroom?" I asked. He nodded.

Starling

I got a shower and crawled under the covers. Then turned the the tv on seeing nothing to watch before going onto the balcony to sit. The night was beautiful. I leaned back watching the stars. I've got room to breath here. Hopefully I don't mess anything up. I feel like there's more to Louis and Crispin's relationship than best friends.

The way they interacted with each other was like they were more than friends or even friends with benefits if that's what that is. I stretched out before hearing the bedroom door open. I saw the Big Dipper in the late spring sky. "Enjoying the view?" Crispin asked. "Yeah." I answered. He sat down next to me.

"Don't think I've had time to just do this." He said. I leaned against him. He pulled me to him. He smelled like a mix of himself and Louis. He sighed. "Thank you for talking to Louis earlier." He said. "I've never been in that kind of situation." He pulled me onto his lap holding me against him.

This is comfort. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be safe and like it here.