Chapter:5

I woke up when two strong arms picked me up. I tried to get up. "Shh. I've got ya." Sheallow. I let him hold me. "Told ya." I heard Louis say. "Awake bird?" Sheallow asked. I wanted to curl up closer to him. He smelled like he usually did. His deep chuckle made my cheeks redden.

"I've got her bags." Louis said coming closer. Sheallow adjusted me to his hip instead of bridal style. His forearm easily fit to hold me up under my butt. I could tell he was walking. A door opened. Then shut behind us. "Which room do you want these in?" Louis asked. "Hers."

He sat down making me straddle his lap. "I know your not asleep anymore bird." He whispered in my ear. I moved my head. "May I see those pretty little eyes?" He asked. "If you'll tell me your first name." I said. He kissed my forehead. "I'll tell you my first name if you show me those eyes." He said. Weight settled next to us.

My sides were brushed causing me to squirm. I knew both of his hands were on me. It was another set of hands that were tickling me. "What if I told you, you're the most beautiful woman I've ever laid eyes on?" I buried my head in his neck. "Can you please lift your head?" He asked. I looked up barely over his shoulder. Then more, seeing his face.

He kissed my forehead. I kept my hands to myself. "Did you have a nice nap bird?" He asked. I nodded. "Did Louis take care of you?" He asked. I nodded. "That's good to hear." He said. "Would you like to know my first name?" He asked. I nodded. "I know you talk." He scolded. I put my head back on his shoulder. One hand gently held my jaw as he held my head in place back in its upright position.

"Don't look away from me Starling. I love hearing that beautiful voice of yours." He said. "Now would you like to see the rest of the house?" He asked. "Name first?" I asked. "Crispin." He answered standing up. "Or just Cris." Louis said from beside us. I was kind of wanting down, yet at the same time not wanting for him to let go.

"Think you can walk?" Crispin asked me. I nodded. I felt a sting to my thigh. "Yes." I answered. His soft smile gave more reassurance for talking to them both. He set me down on my feet. Then took my hand leading the way. "Now there is a cook and two house keepers here usually. Only three hours of the day are the house keepers here unless there is a party or fancy get together." Crispin started as he led the way.

As he led the way through the dining room to the kitchen he talked about certain things that needed to be known about the room. He showed where the garage was before going up a set of sturdy built stairs that looked worn and ugly. "These don't creak even after forty years of use and I doubt they will for dozens of years." Crispin said.

I had to step back behind him so I didn't get squished between him and the wall. I felt breathing on my neck. Louis was so close behind me that I could barely breath myself. I put my free hand on the wall just before getting to the top landing. Louis, I could tell had moved back a bit to give me space. He rubbed his hand between my shoulder blades as if trying to comfort me.

I don't know what's going on between the two. They're both giving me vibes that they each like me. Crispin showed me the bedrooms upstairs. He showed me the master bedroom then walked a few more doors down and opposite side of the hall and opened a door. "I hope this is to your taste bird." Crispin said as he flipped the light on.

The bedspread was a teal realtree with matching shams

The bedspread was a teal realtree with matching shams. I slowly pulled my hand from his to check it out more. Black drapes with the same camo pattern at the top decorated the windows. I then saw the black sheets under the comforter on the bed. Two bedside tables held lamps that had the same pattern as the bedspread.

"Do you like it?" Crispin asked. I looked up at him. I went back over to him wrapping my arms around his waist. He was at least a foot taller than me. "Think we should tell to her now or later?" Louis asked.