Chapter:14

I went round and round down the stairwell with someone on my heels. I saw the maintenance room. I went in barefoot using it as a cover. "Come out. Come out where ever you are." I moved to stay out of sight of him. Time ticked and passed as I distracted this one. He finally went one and I went out quietly and back up.

I nearly ran back up stopping to hide on a floor. Dumb move. A man grabbed me dragging me along. I couldn't protest as he shoved me into the elevator. I hit the wall and fell to the floor. He grabbed me by the arm. I grabbed my gun with my free arm and shot him perfectly. He fell just before the elevator opened.

I hit the basement button just before someone could peek in. The doors closed and I felt it going down. I sighed in content before it stopped at a floor. I nearly panicked until Louis and a guy stepped in. "Geez running all around?" He asked then saw the body. He looked at me oddly. "Ask questions later." I said.

"This would be Daniels." Louis said as the guy nodded. "Nice to meet ya." I said just before it hit the basement. A whistle let out. "We'll go to the second floor through the fire stairs." Daniels said. I went all over the basement before going up. I peered out the window before continuing up. I made it to the top of the building peering out.

Several guys stood there. I then saw Louis and Daniels brought through. That's what made me sit still. I heard footfalls on the stairs and put my gun back where it was. I knew I was caught. Good thing the employees were out to lunch. I waited until I could see who it was before deciding if I should let him grab me or hurt him.

He saw me before I could do anything. His forearm clasped around my neck while he held my hands behind my back. He kicked the door open hollering at someone. I could barely fight against him. I could see the look in Cris' eyes when the guy threw me down making me hit the floor. I grumbled under my breath at the man.

"Hm. Now I have to say. She's beautiful. You've outdone yourself Sheallow. Oh. And still got that little b**tard. I'm surprised. Two lovers. Hm. It would be a shame if one or both died." A man said as he grabbed my jaw. I jerked back trying to get away from him. My hair was grabbed pulling my head back. "Feisty isn't she? I wonder what would happen when she's in bed." The guy that had my hair grabbed my wrists and pulled me to my feet.

He nearly had me pressed against his body. I was able to grab the handgun easily. I didn't let him touch it. Louis was stood up by a guy behind him. "Chose which one you would rather see die." The man in front of Crispin said. Cris looked at us both. Man I wish I had two guns. I glanced over at Louis. Silver appeared from under his shirt.

Probably spotted mine and decided to do the same. I could tell he was glancing over and using the glass to watch every move of mine. I glanced over at him before faking an adjustment to see what Louis was doing. As soon as I pull the trigger he's going to and so are several others. I caught Crispin's gaze.

Cris glanced at both of us once more before sighing. I caught a faint nod I took that as a cue. After feeling the kick against my back the guy holding me dropped. I kept the gun behind my back. The guy that was holding Louis dropped too. The guy in front of Cris looked stunned. I took that as an escape chance. I hid out on a floor below as I heard heavy footsteps pounding after me. I found the conference room and locked myself inside. If I'm correct I'm right below the other one.

I was able to pop the vent and crawl up into the other room. Thank you Crispin. I saw the door was closed. I locked it before going to the weaponry. I grabbed two handguns and put a silencer on mine. I grabbed another clip and stuck it in my waistband. I hid the other two before looking out.