Chapter:24

Starling

Louis seemed worried after getting some texts earlier. We can't leave, can't do anything, I'm bored out of my mind, Cris has cut off contact with us. Something is wrong. About four thirty Louis finally tells me that Cris' uncle is the man that came into the office this morning and wants me.

"They'll be here at five Star. No one from the gang can help." He said. "Then I guess we're just going to have to deal with them ourselves." I said. "How?" He asked. "Home Alone style." A wide grin crossed his face. Since some nights, Cris comes home close to midnight, Louis and I pull pranks on each other to mess with each other.

One night it didn't end well with one of us getting the idea to put red kool aid in Cris' shower head. I found the grease and decided to use it on the front steps. "I'll use it on the back steps too." Louis said. I smeared the front steps before closing the door and putting the electric BBQ starter on the doorknob. Louis came back from the other side.

"Help me with this." He said as he put string all the way up the back steps. "You know we're going to have to clean all this up right?" I asked. "Yeah. And Cris will use the garage to come in. His uncle and goons will try the front and back doors." He said. Then coated them in a sticky substance. At the bottom of the stairs is a pile of feathers from a pillow.

"They'll use the front stairs first then we'll make them fall down the back. The more goons we eliminate the better chance we got at staying safe." He said. "You obviously have done this before." I said. "Yeah. Thanks to the ex I still hate with a passion." He said. I shook my head before hearing a banging outside.

"Upstairs now. I've got the rest." Louis told me. I saw it was five. I went to Cris' room. I hid in the closet waiting. Running footsteps came. I ducked farther into the rack of dress pants. "Star." Louis. I popped my head out of my hiding spot. "Good your right where you need to be. Thankfully this house has a few tricks up its sleeve." He said having me hid in the rack.

He opened a small door having me go through it. Then himself. He turned on a monitor showing every book and cranny of the house. "You better believe that Cris or I will never want anything bad to happen to you. If his uncle wants you, Cris will do anything he can to get a message through to either of us not using his phone knowing his uncle will be tracking every call." He told me. I checked my email.

Sure enough an email from an unknown computer comes up and is in another language. "Lou, could you pull up a language translator?" I asked. He took my phone. "You don't need a translator. He's warning us that it's not safe here. And to leave as soon as we can." He said. "We can't now! They're in the house!" I said. "Shhh." His hands clasped over my mouth.

We both watched as one tried to go up the stairs slipping. He typed out a message. Did you put it directly in front of the door? I nodded. He kissed my temple. The guy fell and hit his head. He tried getting up laying back down. We couldn't tell Cris where we were or if we were safe.

His uncle was able to get up to the door. Two other guys did too. One of the guys grabbed the knob jumping back and sliding down the stairs. A few seconds later red came from his head. Louis kissed my temple. The uncle kicked the door in. You could tell he was angered. He found the BBQ starter turning it off then storming through the house. He went up the stairs tripping over a thin thread falling face first to the ground.

Fear was consuming me. I had to sit in Louis' lap with my head in his chest. "Don't worry. If they can't get to us, they can't do anything." He whispered. He hit a key. The ones that were still up outside ran out of the gate. Only the uncle was left. The uncle pulled a gun out. "Come out now or else I will kill you." He yelled.

"Can't kill what he can't find." Louis said.

Crispin

I couldn't do anything except warn them to leave. I do have access to the house cameras, but can't get them to work. I checked the cameras around the building. My cousin was moving fast through the lobby. I gave clearance to him. He's the result of one of his father's affairs or raped ladies.

"Where is he?" He yelled. "At my house going after my girl." I said calmly. "That's twisted. He'll die for this." He said before storming out. I had to watch as he went out to his vehicle. I couldn't go to my own house to save them.

Starling

I was as close to Louis as possible. "Hold on Star. If he doesn't find us, he's never going to." Louis said quietly. I nodded against his chest. A bang went off. "Don't worry Star. We're safe." He said. I had to trust him. Trust him and Cris like I have for about five months already.

"Cris will be here in a moment. We're safe here Star." Louis said. Louis' phone rang. "Yes." He answered in a calm voice. "We're both safe. No. He has not found us at all. She's with me. Safe room. Yes sir. Yes. The house is secured. Oh." His face turned to surprise. "He's here? Oh. Ok. Is it safe to exit?" Louis asked. "We will stay put then. See you when you get home." Louis said before he had to hang up.