Chapter:35

I stayed directly beside Cris the entire night. At dinner I was sat next to him on the left side. For most of the night I did not say a word. About thirty minutes before Cris said we were going to leave, the man hosting the get together went in front of everyone. "I thank you all for coming to my home..." as he was going on about everything, Cris squeezed my hip.

He felt uneasy. I felt uneasy for about ten minutes before this man started talking. I gripped his wrist before he squeezed my hip again. "I would also like to thank Mr. Sheallow for coming tonight." I could tell the man was eyeing me. It made me feel uncomfortable. I could tell Cris was uneasy. We needed to leave. The man was still looking at both Cris and I.

I don't think we should have came. I was grabbed from behind. My grip that was on Cris' wrist was now gone. He tried to reach for me. "I wouldn't. She may be yours, but she's the only one unmarried here." The man said. He stalked right to me. He gripped my jaw harshly. I didn't try to fight for a good reason.

"Not from around here are ya?" He said. The guy holding me pressed his body against my backside. "Have anything to say baby girl?" The man asked. I refused to talk. He gripped my jaw tighter. "Answer me." The man nearly yelled. "She will not talk when yelled at." Cris told him. "You have no right to speak at this time. I want to hear it from her." The man said.

Still not talking. When the guy holding me ground into my backside I stomped on his foot. "Back up a bit. I doubt that she'll do anything like that with her man standing right here." The man said. The one behind me took a step back. "Now will you cooperate with me?" I looked over at Cris. He gave a slight nod. I nodded.

"Good. I would hate to make an enemy." The man said. "I'm going to ask the question one more time. Where are you from? You obviously have not been around this city except for maybe six to eight months." The man said. I saw Cris nod again. "Bremond." I answered. "Oh. Just two hours away. Country girl. I could tell." He let go of my jaw then nodded. The guy behind me tightened his grip.

"Release her." The man said. The guy behind me let me go by shoving me towards Cris. Cris caught me, holding me against his body. "If you don't mind, we need to go home." Cris said to the man. "I don't mind. I invited you two for dinner. Thank you again for coming." The man said. Cris nodded to him before leading me out.

As we neared the car I pulled the car keys out of the clutch and unlocked the car. Cris opened the door for me then closed it behind me. He got in and started the car. Then pulled out without saying a word. After a few minutes of driving he pulled into an empty parking lot. "Gun." I raised the hem of the dress and got the gun handing it to him. "Clip." I gave him the extra clip.

"Thank you." He said. I could tell he was contemplating something. I unbuckled and moved to his lap. I kissed him trying to clear his mind of that thought. "Thank you baby." He said lifting the steering wheel as much as he could before moving the seat back more. I took my heels off and moved to completely straddle his lap. His hands rested on my butt while I held his head in my hands.

"I didn't like how they were treating you." He said. "I know babe." I said. He looked at my jaw before my upper arms. "What did that guy do for you to stomp his foot?" He asked. "Grinding against me." I answered. Cris ground his hips against me. I sighed. "Do you know how badly I absolutely want to take you?" He asked. I nodded. He kissed me.

"Let's get back home." He said. I nodded. He kissed me once more before helping me back into my seat. "One thing I want you to do is..." Using his index finger and thumb he gripped my chin. "Take me out, show me that you will never leave me or Louis." He said. I did just that. I kissed him deeply as I took him out and ran a hand along the length.

He groaned. I did as he asked. We went straight home afterwards and found Louis already in the king size bed asleep. I asked Cris to undo the back of the dress so I could get out of it. He unfastened the back for me before going into the closet. I took all of the jewelry off as I walked into the bathroom. I washed my hair before pulling it back into a bun.

I put one of Louis' tee shirts on over my underwear before going out into the bedroom seeing Cris with a glass and a bottle of gin. He spotted me. "Said I wouldn't drink anymore. Look where that put me." He said. I moved the bottle away from him as I sat in the floor in front of him. He set the glass down. I moved it away too.

"No one is absolutely perfect Cris. It takes time to kill habits. I know your trying to erase the image of that man holding me. I hated every second of it. I felt disgusted by him. It made me uncomfortable. I wish it was you holding me instead of that pig." I said. He caressed my cheek. "Crawl into bed baby bird. I'll be there in a minute." He said.

I got up and crawled into the bed next to Louis. I kissed his cheek before throwing a leg over his own. Cris got into bed behind me. He wrapped an arm around me while putting one of his legs between Louis and I's. Louis wrapped an arm around me. I nuzzled into his side. Cris laid right up against me. I fell asleep between them their heat warming me up like they do most nights now.