3️⃣2️⃣

H O S E O K

The competition is literally in five minutes and I still don't see a Yoongi. Where could he be? Oh well.
A lot of people were either sitting or standing, waiting to see this last dance of this competition for the year. I really want to prove myself to everyone, including my father.
I know he's not going to come. I know he won't even watch me perform on television. But if people back in Gwangju talk about it, he might actually be proud of me and not think my life choices are mistakes.
I see PD-Nim, Supreme, and Sina. Sina waves to me and gives me thumbs up. I smile at her and go back behind the stage.
"Welcome everyone to the 14th Annual SM Dance Competition!" I hear the announcer say. I quickly have my makeup finished by one of the staff and I get ready. Next to me stands Park Jimin, looking snobby and angelic as ever. He sends me a smirk.
"This year's finalists have much talent. First up is 22 year old Park Jimin of Busan! Stage name, Jimin!" The announcer says and you can just hear all the girls screaming. Park vanishes from my sight by going through the red velvet curtains. The screams grow louder when they actually see him.

  "Jimin will be dancing to Lie, a song he wrote and sang on his own," the MC smiles and you can hear the girls squealing

"Jimin will be dancing to Lie, a song he wrote and sang on his own," the MC smiles and you can hear the girls squealing. Honestly, shut up hoes.
"Our other contestant, 23 year old Jung Hoseok, stage name, J-Hope of Gwangju!" I hear screaming, about the same frequency as Jimin's fangirls, as I'm announced and I stepped out.

  There was a lot more people than there was last year

There was a lot more people than there was last year. Maybe because if Stray Kids.
  "This year, J-Hope will be dancing to Boy Meets Evil, a song he also composed by himself," MC smiles and cheers erupted from the crowd.
"Boys, do well and let's not get hurt. Good luck!" The MC smiles and I follow after him. The younger contestant always go first.

The crowd erupts into cheering and squealing once again. Jimin bows and waves and leaves to my area. His genuine smile was wiped off and replaced by a cocky smirk. "Good luck, J-Hope," he whispers and I growl under my breath.
I'm not going to lie (<—Lol), I'm a bit nervous. I'm always nervous.
"And our other finalist, J-Hope with Boy Meets Evil!" I hear the MC announce. I walk on stage and get in my place.

I pant heavily for breath and the crowd cheers loudly. Louder than Jimin's crowd. I smiled and bowed. I saw PD give me a nod of approval. I go backstage and see Jimin looking ever so slightly nervous.
I hear the MC talk about both our performances and he calls us back to the stage.
"Well, judges, what did you think?" He asks them. Supreme stands up first.
"Both performances were amazing! Jimin's body moved ever so perfectly and his body was controlled. J-Hope's performance blew me away as well. The moves looked so complexed and the choreography looked almost as it was telling a story. Jimin didn't give me as much as that vibe," Supreme smiles. "8/10 for Jimin, 9/10 for J-Hope."
  We both bow and Supreme nods and writes on a clipboard. Next was Sina.
  "You both gave me chill bumps! It was really hard for me to decide. Jimin, I loved the song. I know that's not what this competition is for, but the song made me think about myself in a way. Like Supreme said, your body was very controlled. I've never seen someone have that much control before! I was truly impressed.
  "And J-Hope, that choreography was out of his world! As much as I've travelled, that was fresh and surely something new. Jimin, your dance gave off that homy and traditional vibe, and sometimes, we need to be reminded." Sina finishes with a smile. "You both get 9/10s," she sends me a wink and I wink back.
  "This is the toughest competition yet boys. You both are young, talented dancers that any agency would wish they had. I'm not going to sugar coat it though. It's obvious that the winner is-"

A/N:
Edited: no

_minshxwty