Chapter 5 - Explaining to the boyfriend

I just woke up married to my boyfriend’s brother?!

[Recap]

“What does this mean, Leslie? …” my boyfriend asked me.

“I’m… I’m sorry Justin…” I said which was almost a whisper. I was starting to cry.

The boy sat straight and waited for me to continue. He wasn’t touching anymore and looked at me as if I was a prisoner.

[End of recap]

Chapter 5

He was waiting for me to continue. He was looking in my eyes and didn’t make move to stop my crying, which was new. He knew something was wrong.

“Remember my birthday? …” I asked him with fear.

“Of course I do…” he said with no emotion.

Gulp. He was starting to freak me out.

“Well you know the part where I told you I slept in a hotel with Sarah…” I said lowering my voice.

The boy nodded and waited.

“I lied…” I said without looking at him.

I was waiting for him to shout and tell me that it was wrong, but he didn’t do anything. Justin sat there frozen. He was showing no emotion and waited for me to continue.

“That night… I drank too much. Even now I don’t remember too much what was going on that night. But when I woke up… when I woke up”

“You realised you got married to Zac.” Justin finished for me.

Now it was my turn to freeze and to look at him with shock.

How the hell can someone guess something like this?!

“How did you know?” I asked him with shock, but still not looking at him in the eye.

“It isn’t hard to guess, you know. I see you sitting here with a ring, beside my brother who you never got along with.”

I thought about it and realized that he was right. If he realised something like this, I wouldn’t be shocked if the school thought of it too…

“So… what do we do now?” I asked him.

He took a deep breath and said: “Obviously, we have to break up now…”

“I'm getting an annulment in 2 months” I told him. I hope we can get back together after…

“You don’t have any feelings for my brother, right?” he asked me.