Chapter 3 - Zac's flashbacks/Meeting the lawyer

Hey guys! Before you all get so excited, I just wanted to say that the beginning is in Zac’s point of view. And then, the story continues in Leslie’s pov. Hope you enjoy and I’M VERY SORRY FOR THE LATE UPLOAD!! by the way, i put this story up for the Watty Awards 2012, so dont forget to comment and vote! :)

Chapter 3 – Zachary’s POV

“Yo Zac, do you know if we have any gift wrappers?” my brother Justin asked me.

“No, why would I know something like that? Go ask mom or something” I told him irritated.

Today was my brother’s girlfriend’s birthday. Not only that, but she is also my neighbour since the age of four. The second I saw her, I knew we weren’t going to get along. There was just something about her that made me react in ways I never knew I could.

As we grew older, she changed. The nerdy looking girl got rid of her braces and her baggy clothes. She started to look cute, but now she was one of the most gorgeous girls in our school. I hated that. I didn’t want anyone to date her. You might wonder how she ended up with my brother. The truth is I didn’t see it coming. I knew my neighbour had a crush on my brother, since we were young. However, I didn’t realize that my brother started to crush on her. I left for a three day camp for football and at my arrival, I see a new couple. I was so pissed and ignored them both for months. It was only recently that I started to speak to them again. Why did I do that? I still have no clue.

Since it was her birthday, my brother and her friends were taking her to some bars and clubs, because she is finally legal. I was going to chill with my friends and maybe later decide to do something fun.

***

My brother and Leslie had left an hour ago. I didn’t want to look at her, because I knew I was going to get tense once I see how beautiful she looks. I texted her happy birthday, so I didn’t have to go to her place and do it. It would have been so awkward.

I went into the kitchen and took out a can of coke, when my phone vibrated.

“Yo Zac, wanna go to this new club at the Niagara falls? Jackson’s brother works there, so he can get us in for free. Are you down, bro?”

“Yee, yee. Sounds good. Ayts, I’ll just go take a shower and come in 15. Are you bringing any girls?” I asked my friend Josh.

“Yeah, that’ll be great, man. But since we’re getting in for free, we can’t bring so many chicks. Besides, I bet so many of them are coming to the club. What’s better than fresh fish, right?” he asked me chucking.

“I hear you, bro. So I’ll meet you all in front of your house then I’ll follow your car.”

“Ayt, peace out, bro.”

“Ayt.” I said and ended the call.

I quickly finished my coke and went back upstairs to my room to take my shower.