A special night

When Trent returned that evening, he, with an assistant, brought their dinner as he had been accustomed to do since their children had been born. He did it because Cara had believed that with them so young it was best not to expose them to any possible illness. "Hi, my sweet," he said, he and his helper placing the food on the table.

The man went back through the entrance door and Cara looked searchingly at Trent. He was busy setting things out on the table and didn't notice her. Cara could see only a bit of the weariness she was expecting to see. Maybe he was not as tired as she might have thought. For once she was unencumbered with a child either at her breast or on her lap for thankfully they were both sleeping. She went to him and they embraced.

Trent smiled, and when they separated he told her. "As much as I love them, I do like finding you at times without one or the other clinging to you."

"Yes," sighed Cara. "Me too. Trent, hold me close."

He did, standing next to her without any separation between their bodies. He lowered his head to kiss her. She sighed, drawing close. "Trent, I love you."

"And I love you, my queen."

A soft cry came from the adjoining room. "Oh, one of them is waking up. I think it might be Kirah"

"She is only beginning to waken, Cara. Let us sit down and eat our supper and then you can take care of her."

"Yes," she said as they took a seat at the table together. "If she does not become too loud."

They bowed their heads then began to eat. The supper was delicious—roast pork, mixed vegetables, fresh baked bread, berries, and a glass of wine. It was two months to the day of the birth of their children. Unfortunately, Kirah grew louder and though they were no more than half finished Cara looked at Trent apologetically. "Trent, I was hoping that at least tonight we could enjoy our meal together without interruption. Looks like Kirah is hungry too."

"I'll get her for you so you and I can continue to eat together. He did, and with her little girl at her breast Cara was able to continue. Far from the romantic dining she might have hoped for, but it would have been worse to eat with her crying so, and she might have wakened Brendan as well. It was how they lived now, living for the most part for their two babies who were getting cuter and cuter. Cara told Trent just the other day that she felt sure that Kirah gave her a real smile, one that made her feel so special with her baby. Unfortunately, she had not yet smiled for him to see. But Cara knew she would soon do it again and she wanted to be sure that Trent saw it too.

As usual, Cara was awake in the night with breast feeding. By now she was doing it almost automatically. Trent would help to get the child for her and when she was done he would often return the child to his or her crib. He was so helpful. She didn't know if she could nurse them both if not for him. This time it was close to morning and she thought more about what Trent's mother had told her. That she knew a woman who could nurse her children and give her a break.

* * *

Cara was happy. It was all arranged. She had talked to Trent's mother who summoned the woman and Cara had talked to her. Her name was Heidi, she was from a relatively poor but not destitute family, and with five other children she and her husband could use the money. After talking to Heidi, Cara was impressed with her. Only twenty-eight years old, with children from nine to her youngest, one, she seemed sincere honest and thoughtful as well. Heidi told her that her unmarried sister would help with her children so that she could do everything needed to take care of Brendan and Kirah. In sum, Cara decided she would let the woman nurse her two children for two days. She found a small, unused apartment for her in the castle not far from their own royal suite so that Cara could easily look in on her children at anytime. Heidi had more than once said that she didn't expect payment, that it was her honor to nurse their children, but Cara without saying anything to her planned to reward Heidi well for what she was doing for them.

* * *

Early in the afternoon of the next day, Cara gave Heidi her babies, reluctantly saying goodbye to them. At the time, Trent was engaged in one of his official meetings. Then, Cara bathed and dressed, choosing from her extensive wardrobe a white and green spring outfit that seemed to fit her quite well, showing her curves. She felt that being a nursing mother had made her breasts were larger and maybe more attractive. At least Trent had told her so. She was glad that her stomach had finally flattened back to where it was before she had carried her babies. To complete her preparation, she had Gina fix her hair into uplift with small ringlets that attractively danced on the side of her head.

Trent returned, and seeing her said, "Oh, Cara, you look positively beautiful." He came to her and they kissed. Trent knew of course that Heidi would be caring for their children for the evening and the next day. He said to Cara. "We're free of children for almost two days. Let's go for a ride together before eating. I'm so glad to have you to myself for a little while."

"I would like that," Cara answered. We can do whatever we want this evening and tonight."

They set off in the early spring air as the sun was setting in the west. They rode for a time in the nearby woods that had been set aside as a park. Then, they stopped along a brook and kissed as the evening darkness began to settle in. They were both in agreement to go back for supper.

It was late when they entered the great hall and few people remained. However Daniel and Rosa were there. Daniel stood up to welcome them as they joined them at table. "Good to see you two. It's been awhile. Where are the babies?"

"Oh, for today and tomorrow we have them here in the castle with a nursemaid. One Trent's mother recommended to us," answered Cara.

"Oh, so you have some alone time together," said Rosa, Daniel's girlfriend. "How nice. Young babies I know are so much work. And two! I know it was your decision, Cara, to nurse them both yourself. I don't know how you do it."

Cara looked at Trent. I don't know if I could have without Trent's help. I mean getting up in the night when one was crying, bringing them to me, holding one or the other, rocking them. . . ." She looked toward Trent with love in her eyes."

"Ah, well, it's what Cara wanted to do and I want to support her."

"You two are special," said Rosa.

Their talk continued a while longer, the women talking together about children and related things and the men discussing matters relating to the Kingdom of Bavaria. Cara was glad when they left the hall to go their separate ways because more than anything she wanted to be alone with Trent on this special night without their twins.

Almost immediately when they returned to their suite, Trent turned to her and put his arms around her. "I have been so looking forward to being alone with you, Cara."

"Me too," she whispered into his ear, excitement already building in her body.

"But are you OK? I mean delivering two babies I'm sure it was hard on you."

"I'm fine, Trent," she assured him.

"Then let me do with you what I have been so wanting to do."

Her excitement grew as he began kissing her tenderly and then more passionately. She didn't hold back but invited his touch, his caress, and everything that came after. She loved him so much and this was their own special intimacy that so well expressed their love for each other.

"Oh Trent, take me now. I am all yours. I love you."