A new life

Time passed as it always does. The old king was greatly loved by all and for those closest to him it was hard not to be able to see or talk to him anymore. But life went on.

For Cara, everything was new. With Trent becoming King Trent their life had taken on a business aspect that frequently left her mind in a whirlwind. So much to learn. So many new and different customs to master. Because, as queen, people expected her to know.

Of course, she became close with the former queen, now the dowager queen. Too close, really, for the woman seemed to know everything and wanted to tell her how in her opinion everything should be done. And, she had ideas that Cara didn't necessarily agree with. But all was so new for her, and the former reigning queen was, after all, Trent's mother, so she didn't want to seem difficult with her. Still, Cara wished she could be left to lead her own life and make her own decisions.

Oh, yes, Trent knew about her feelings, for when they were alone Cara was not shy in expressing them to him. But, their alone time diminished for Trent had much to do in running the Bavarian kingdom. She knew that he was learning the job too, for he had not expected his father to die so early in life. Cara quickly learned that there was a lot to know about running a kingdom and sometimes Trent would tell her about that. All in all, they were two busy people and certainly few would realize that there was so much to do and think about when in charge of a large kingdom.

What Cara really cherished was the time they had to themselves alone, away from the public eye and those of the king's many consultants and advisers. That was the best time, when they could be together and Trent could sit with her and they could talk about other things, ordinary things not having to do with the needs of the kingdom. And then, often when they were alone in the evening, he would come close and look at her in that special way such that she knew what would follow. And that was good, very good. Oh yes, she liked everything about being in the arms of her prince.

Of course, there were consequences. When did she first realize that she was no longer in her monthly way? When did she notice the tenderness of her breasts? And when did she first feel the stirrings of a tiny life inside her?

I'm sorry this is so short. Living with sixteen people over the Christmas holidays, from a one year old to grandpa, 75, is fun but who can write when around so many people?