A night for love

He didn't answer her, as his lips went to her neck. Her hand was on his full head of hair, but despite what he was doing to her she was getting more agitated. "Trent," she said again. This time she spoke into his ear.

"What? What is it?" he finally answered, turning his head to look into her eyes.

Cara saw the soft look in his eyes and she hesitated before telling him, "Trent, I want to love you, but not here."

"Cara, there's no one around. You know how we both like being outdoors. What better place for us than here?"

"I don't know, Trent. It just doesn't seem right. What if someone discovered us? I would be so embarrassed. Wouldn't you?"

"Not so much. Besides, we haven't seen anyone for miles, Cara."

"I'm just nervous about it. Let's wait until we are home."

Trent got off of her to lay flat on his back next to her, his eyes gazing into the sky. He didn't say anything.

Cara turned to him. "Trent, I'm sorry. I'm sorry about last night and about today. I don't want to keep you waiting any longer, but I'm so uneasy about doing it out in the open like this. Let's go back to our suite. I promise I won't disappoint you again."

Trent rose from lying on his back to sit up with Cara. He put an arm around her and he turned to her, giving her a kiss on the lips. He held one of her hands in his and bringing it up to his lips he kissed her hand as well.

Cara looked into his eyes with tenderness. "I love you so much, Trent. I'm sorry to keep you waiting. I didn't want what happened last night to keep us apart. I promise you that tonight will be different. I want to be fully married to you in every way that marriage means."

Trent put both of his arms around her, looking not at her but off into the distance. Then he lowered his head to look into her eyes. He saw a tear in each eye and with one finger carefully wiped them away. "Cara, you are worth waiting for. Let's pack up and ride home."

As they rode together on the little used trail they talked of many things. Then, when they again went through the forest with Trent in the lead Cara thought about Trent, realizing again in a fresh way how she loved him. She wanted to be ever so close to the man. Darkness was beginning to fall as they returned to the castle and were admitted by the guards at the gate.

Once inside the castle, the halls were already dark, illuminated only dimly by candles spaced far apart on the walls. It had been a long ride back and they decided to stop in the great hall for an evening snack. By the time they arrived, there were only a few people left and they were mostly ready to leave. Cara and the prince stopped only to have a little food and drink and then went together to their suite.

Cara wanted to bathe, not so much that she needed to, but she wanted to be fresh with a bit of an aromatic scent to her body for Trent. After making the arrangements, even though it was getting late, she went to a room set up for bathing and before long the maids had prepared her bath. She entered the room wearing a long white robe around her body but she carried with her a much shorter and much more see through gown.

"Ah," she said after stepping into and sitting down in the bath tub. The water they had quickly warmed for her was at just the right temperature and she reveled in the delightful aroma of the scented water. The three maids stood around her, ready to assist with her bathing, but Cara waved them away and closed her eyes, happy to luxuriate in the delightful water.

Then, she let them help, and now completely clean and fresh she arose from the tub standing naked while they quickly and efficiently dried her off. Cara picked up the diaphanous gown, slipped it on and then over that extremely fine one put on her long white robe. One of the maids accompanied her until she arrived in short order at their suite where she knew Trent was waiting for her.

Stepping inside, she saw that he had lit just one candle, one near the entrance, providing a dim and romantic feeling in their large apartment. Trent came to meet her immediately. He too was wearing a long robe, though his was multicolored with the color of berry mingled with forest green and amber. Coming close he kissed her lightly on the lips before telling her he had poured a glass of wine for each of them. He led her to the kitchen area, waited until she took her goblet and then he clinked his glass against hers. "To us," he said. "To the beginning of our life together."

Cara took a sip as did Trent, and in the dim light afforded by the single candle she looked deeply into his eyes. Setting the glass down, she said, "Trent, I don't want wine. I want you."

Trent also set his glass down. "You're right. I want you too, my darling. Come."

He led toward their bedroom and it's huge bed. Cara noted that that room also was illuminated by a single candle. "Can I help you with your robe?" he asked, and Cara undid the soft belt holding it together and put her arms down allowing him to remove it from her shoulders. Trent immediately set it down on a chair against the wall and stood rapt, looking at her figure barely hidden by the see through gown. "Oh, Cara," he said, almost reverently, coming close to embrace her.

She felt the soft fabric of his robe as he held her but she wanted to see more of him. "Trent, you should remove your robe also."

"Yes," he said, stepping back from her. He too undid his belt and slipped out of his garment, letting it fall to the floor behind him. She stared unblinkingly at the raw manliness of him, thinking that they were so different from each other. Then he came back to her, embracing her tenderly, one hand at her backside and the other moving beneath her breast.

"I love you, Trent," she uttered, as he drew her close and his lips left her mouth to rain kisses down her neck.

"You smell so beautiful, Cara. I don't want to hold back. I want you in my bed, in our bed. I want to love you like no man has ever loved a woman."

"O, Trent, take me. I am yours. I am yours alone."