( Book Two ) Chapter 16 - How To Be A Father

A random update. Enjoy. I may or may not be updating again. If you are unsure why read the beginning of previous chapter

Chapter16 – How To Be A Father

It had been several days since Giselle had left the nurses wing. She was fully healed and back in her dorm room, attending classes and her nearly life long sentence of detention.

She hadn't seen her father since the fight they had, and she hoped it would stay that way. Each time he showed up at the nurses wing, Nurse Beatrice would walk in claiming she had a visitor. Giselle knew it was him. Even if Beatrice didn't mention it. She'd fake a nap or tell her all together "If it's my dad, send him away.. I have nothing tosay." And Beatrice did what she was told. Every single time.

Nothing had changed in her room except the dozens of roses from her father orrandom students on campus wishing her to get well soon.

Giselle hated flowers that were empty.

These flowers didn't mean a thing. They smelled of pity.

She tried throwing them away but Jasmine always scolded her saying thatflowers were a gift, and not to cherish them was like not cherishing diamonds.

Giselle wasn't sure what planet Jasmine came from, but she respecter her wishes and stared at them absent mindedly, like she did now, wondering if yellow roses meant someone was more sorry than someone who sent red ones.

Her dad sent yellow ones.

Before another thought could pass her mind, she heard a knock. It wasn't a regular knock. It was the kind of knock that made you think something urgent was happening.

And, because she didn't have a Beatrice, she couldn't just send whoever it was away.

She looked through the peep hole and almost scolded herself. Of course it was him. He probably was waiting for the perfect moment to catch heralone. The perfect moment not to be sent away.

It was ridiculous.

Giselle watched him for a while. His red hair, the way it rested neatly onhis head. His green eyes, glancing around... waiting... waiting casually like he had nowhere to go.

Giselle smirked.

Well, he could just wait all day then.

It was almost as if he thought of the words as she thought them because just then he began knocking more fiercely.

Startled, Giselle took a step back.

"I know you're in there Giselle." Nicholas said loudly. "Open up."

Giselle shook her head as if he could see her.

"One of the guards on campus told me they saw you returning to your dorm." He continued. "Either you open the door now or..."

Giselle inhaled a breath. "Or what? You can't force me to talk to you!"

He remained silent for a moment.