Chapter 20 - Gabrielle Riley

A/N: The chapter after this is one of my favorites so i will not be posting it until this chapter reaches 500 views and 20 votes. I know, thats a lot but its a really great chapter about the history of ......... HAHA can't tell you, you'll have to wait and VOTE. Don't forget to comment and give feedback. Thanks! 

__________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 20 – Gabrielle Riley

            Giselle walked into her History of Elements class feeling exhausted and annoyed. It would have been her first kiss ever and someone else had to just ruin that for her. Someone she considered to be a good friend, or was growing to be. It just didn’t click as she thought about it over and over, trying to analyze what went wrong. Not with the soon to be kiss, she actually thought she was doing it right, even though she had absolutely no experience in that field.

            Who am I kidding?  She thought. I should practically thank Jonah.

            She cancelled the thought while sitting in her usual seat in the back row. Being the first person to class was dumb, there was nothing to do but wait for everyone to arrive. Oh, and the perfect moment to think about how a friendship that is important to you is becoming a huge drama because of this one guy.

            The more she thought about it the more she didn’t understand, for a second she actually wanted to hang out with Jonah. She wanted to know what the surprise was. Maybe she over-reacted. But then how would someone who likes a guy react to someone turning that guy into a snake?

            And the look on Isaac’s face, he was super pissed. Her thoughts yelled.

            Giselle was practically throwing punches at her forehead when the teacher Sir Frank walked in. He wore a black and brown suit that reminded Giselle of shit stains on charcoal. Maybe the anger stirring in her was causing her to criticize him horribly, but that’s a part of life and she was a fire user, her anger had to be taken out on someone.

            “Nice day we’re having?” Sir Frank asked her.

            Giselle felt her jaw tighten. “Awesome.”

            “You seem a little upset.”

            “You seem to have horrible fashion sense.” She muttered under her breath.

            “Excuse me?” He questioned matter-of-factly. She knew it was impossible to hear.

            “Nothing.” She said with a sigh. “A little upset would be an understatement.”

            Sir Frank gave her a slight smile. “You have her wit.”

            “Who?”

            There wasn’t a reply. He simply turned to the black board and picked up a golden piece of chalk. Lightly he wrote ‘Today’s Lesson:’ followed by a pause. He stared at the chalk for a moment and then gracefully wrote under it something that caused Giselle’s eyes to go watery as she swallowed down whatever air was forcing to escape from her lungs.

            ‘Gabrielle Riley’

            The words circling Giselle’s mind wouldn’t escape. She wanted to yell at him, why give a lesson on someone she knew nothing about? Someone who was her mother? But shouldn’t she be grateful? The anger in her once vanished when she watched student after student walk in and take a seat.