Chapter 8 - Deadly Midnight Mission

Chapter 8 – Deadly Midnight Mission

"As some of you may know, Zeptoria wasn't always a place of happiness." Ms. Ambrosia said. "There were times where the people went through many losses."

Giselle sat back and continued to listen to Ms. Ambrosia's lesson on Zeptoria. She tuned out at the beginning of the lecture because Isaac's words kept replaying in her mind like a bad show tune.

Though it was hard to focus she was happy to be back to class after what happened yesterday. She was now learning about the person she was deep down inside. Giselle cleared her mind allowing Ms. Ambrosia's lesson to be heard, she had to know as much as possible about her home land.

"There were times that Zeptoria had enemies, times that they had to fight for their land because evil was trying to take over." Ms. Ambrosia continued. "This evil was from the land of Cromin."

"What's that?" A boy from up front yelled.

Ms. Ambrosia laughed. "I'm getting to that." She said. "Cromin, is the opposite of Zeptoria, it is under earth, an underworld but right above hell."

The whole class went cold, possibly frightened.

Giselle felt her hand go up above her head, a question dying to be asked.

"Yes, Ms. Riley?"

"Does," Giselle swallowed hard. "Does Cromin still exist?"

"No." Ms. Ambrosia said. "15 years ago, there was a war between Cromin and Zeptoria, the defenders of Zeptoria charged into Cromin, there were many of us and we killed off any life forms knowing that if we didn't they would have planned to take over Zeptoria."

Giselle let her hand fall feeling slightly relieved.

"Cromin was a land for gifted as well." Ms. Ambrosia said. "Except, this land was for individuals who didn't want any part of Zeptoria, for the gifted that refused to follow anything that consisted of Zeptorian rules and preferred to be dark and menacing, mischievous gifted beings that not only separated themselves from Zeptoria society but planned to go after the royal family, kill them all and then take over our land."

A gasp escaped many students while Giselle stiffened.

"Not to worry, our battlers knew of the plan due to lots of suspicious evidence, Cromin had spies but we took them out also." said Ms. Ambrosia. "Now Cromin is deserted, a land with absolutely no life forms and has been that way for more than ten years."

A sigh escaped Giselle as small chatter arose. She found herself picturing Cromin. It sounded so evil and so wrong. Why go against your own people?

"There are text books on your table." Ms. Ambrosia continued. "In the books you will find story's of our war against Cromin and pictures of our battlers, you may look through them for the rest of the time period."

Giselle grabbed a text book in front of her. The book was red with large dark brown letters in the front that read 'The Battle of the Home Land'. She began skimming through the book, page after page. When glancing in front of her she noticed the twins doing the same except they were sharing a book.

Something felt right as she flipped through the books thinking about the previous day. Page's of battlers with weapons. One page had a picture of the royal family, the queen sitting in a large chair.

That’s when it hit her.

My father.  She thought. He has to be in here.