Chapter 3: The Home Land

Chapter 3 – The Home Land

Giselle followed Jonah and Nathan into the main hall. Many students were already seated in chairs in front of the podium that awaited Professor Cornelius's arrival. Giselle couldn't help but feel a little claustrophobic because of all the people around her. There had to be at least 500 students in the main hall alone. All of them looking so different, most of them Giselle had never seen.

Nathan sat down in the third row. Jonah sat next to him and Giselle slumped into a seat next to the both of them. She held her breath waiting for Professor Cornelius to start his announcement when he arrived.

The constant chatter died down once he was in front of the podium. The students not only feared Professor Cornelius but respected him. To many of them he was like their father, the man that was helping them with life.

To others, like Giselle, They had this bad feeling about him, like he was some type of criminal. Giselle wondered if all the first years at gifted academy felt this way.

Giselle noticed a table behind Professor Cornelius. There were several teachers seated behind him. Each of them was different, Male or female. Most of them dressed in either white or black suits.

"Student's of Gifted Academy," Professor Cornelius started. "Welcome home!"

All the students in the main hall began to cheer, all of them except for Giselle. This wasn't home to her; home was where her mother was. But her mother gave her up without a fight, as if she knew more than she did herself.

"As you know, Classes start today." Professor Cornelius continued. "Many of you did well testing while others didn't know how to work with their powers at all."

A couple groans broke out in the crowd.

"Not to worry, Training begins today." He said. "By graduation you all will be powerful and indestructible, able to fend for yourself in the real world, in our world that is."

He paused allowing a small smile to come across his face. That same smile he always used in front of Giselle. That smile seemed so wrong to her.

"This is not only a place where you will learn how to tame your powers." He continued. "This is a home for the gifted teens among the world, but enough of that, I shall call each one of your names, and you will come up to this podium and get your class schedules."

The cheering continued.

Professor Cornelius smiled. "In each of your classes you will learn different things; you will learn the history of the powers running in your veins and more." He said. "Classes will begin at 9 am every morning and will end at 2, after classes you will be able to do what you wish except leave the campus that is, but you all already know the rules."

Giselle thought of the MOST IMPORTANT rules they had given her when she arrived.

1. You will not and cannot leave the campus

2. You will not communicate with the outside world

3. You shall not harm one another outside of your battle classes

4. If any of these things are done then you shall be punished with heavy consequences

Professor Cornelius began calling name after name. Each student approached the podium and took their schedule from him. Giselle knew it would take a while for her to get her schedule if it was alphabetical order.

Giselle Riley. She slumped further in her chair as she watched student after student received their schedules. Nathan and Jonah were whispering things to each other that Giselle couldn't quite hear.