(Book Two) Chapter 14 - Settling

This is a short update but I know you guys have been really wanting one. I listened to a couple songs while writing this that really inspired the mood lol: 

1. The Killers - Mr Brightside

2. Kings of Leon - Use Somebody

3. Coldplay - Fix You 

4. Coldplay - A Sky Full Of Stars 

Enjoy! 

___________________________

Chapter 14 – Settling

Before Giselle decided on saying a word, she rubbed at her eyes, possibly removing any crust that had been resting there during her sleep. She wondered how long she had been out cold. An hour? Maybe two?

She opened her mouth to say something, anything, but shut it quickly. Her eyes fixated on the glowing candle across the room. It reminded her of the eerie scene she had just witnessed a minute ago. Could she call it a dream?

"How are you feeling?" Isaac questioned. His deep voice broke through the air almost bouncing off the walls.

Giselle bit at her bottom lip before responding. "I'm...I'm okay, how long have I been asleep?"

"Two days."

"Two days!?" She shrieked.

Isaac smiled. "Relax first year."

"Back with the nick names I see." Giselle smirked.

Isaac made eye contact with her then but didn't respond.

"Did I miss much?"

"Nothing actually." He muttered. "It's kind of surprising how quiet the campus has been. Your father feels dreadful. He was here for almost forty eight hours on absolutely no sleep. The nurse sent him to bed."

Giselle nodded and opened her mouth again. This time she closed it because she had finally noticed the dozen roses beside her bed.

"Those were from him."

Giselle bit at her lip not knowing what to say. She wanted to tell him not to protect her dad but then she realized that she actually would rather not to fight with Isaac. They hadn't spoke since their last fight. She vaguely remembered him being upset because of her involvement with the recent drama on campus.

Isaac broke the silence. "I'd be a fool to deny that I have missed you greatly, Giselle."

She smirked again. "Did you now?"

"I did."

She nodded slowly. "I missed you too."

Isaac stared at her, his blue eyes resting on her green ones. Giselle's face always remained readable to him, and he knew she had more to say.

"I'm sorry for involving myself, Isaac. Not because I feel like I shouldn't have but because I didn't tell you."

He nodded. "That is fair."

"Is it?"

"I can't control your every move Giselle. You will choose to do what you believe is best and, well, one of the many things I love about you is your independence... With that being said, please, do not lie to me again."

She nodded. "I won't."

"And...just... be careful." He hesitated. "I can't always protect you and watch you, but I imagine that you know this."