Chapter 9 - Saved to know the coming truth

Chapter 9 – Saved to know the coming truth

Darkness was burning through Giselle's eye lids, forcing them to be open. She gasped herself awake realizing nothing that happened earlier was a dream. It was all real. A throbbing pain was at her neck feeling like it was bruised.

The room she was in was deserted except for a television on the right side and a small couch. She felt herself stiffen as a thought crossed her mind.

If he wanted to kill me. She thought. Why would he wait?

In that exact moment she regretted thinking so harshly because Vincent walked in looking hungry as ever. Of course he would stall, just to torture and make sure she was feeling pain.

He gave her a small smile as he knelt next to her. She felt a daze come across her, like she was ready to faint.

"Too bad I couldn't kill you right there and then." He whispered. "It would have been dumbly obvious, like I was screaming to get caught."

"You will get caught." She spat out. "I hope you know that you'll get in so much trouble for this, probably even get kicked out of the academy."

He laughed "as if I care, Maybe then I can be where I belong, the only land that would possibly accept someone so conniving, Cromin."

Giselle stared at him bewildered. "That's impossible!" She yelled. "Cromin doesn't exist, it's deserted."

"How can you be so sure, human girl." He whispered. "Nothing is impossible."

"Well when you show up there and realize how dumb this plan -"

"ENOUGH!" He yelled. "I've heard enough coming from you, I'm feeling awfully thirsty." He said before parting his mouth to reveal his fangs. "And it's time for a snack."

Giselle forced herself to focus, the fire burning in her ready to release. Her hands felt seconds from igniting. Vincent was moments from sucking the blood from her, his gaze at her neck and his face leaning towards it.

Death was around the corner for Giselle but then he paused looking up at her in surprise. His face went green and he began to tremble non stop. He rolled onto the floor twitching like he was catching a seizure.

"What in the name of -" She whispered.

She glanced across the room to see Jonah standing there with a smile on his face that read ROCK THE FUCK ON or OH HELL YEAH !

Giselle stared at him. "What did you just do and how did you know -"

"Shh." He said. "We don't have much time, let’s go."

Giselle followed behind Jonah. They were out what seemed to be an underground sleeping center for vampire across campus in a matter of seconds. On top of there sleeping center was a spells and enchantment building.

"How much time do we have?" She asked turning to Jonah trying to keep up with his fast pace. "And what did you just do to him?"

"20 minutes." He muttered. "That's a sickening spell, it causes someone’s body to not except whatever is in there stomach at the moment so horribly that they begin to catch a seizure."

Giselle stared at him. "Wow."

"I went to your room, to see if you were cool on the whole Isaac thing and to know how classes were now that you're back." He said. "Jasmine told me she had no idea where you were, she said maybe you were in the downstairs lounge or something but you weren't."