Chapter 23 - Frenemies

A/N: Well, you guys did what you were told and got the last chapter 20 votes plus 500 reads so here is the next chapter. :D I wont wait for read or votes or anything like that to post the next one, i want to see how genuine the fans are by voting without me telling them to :) so here is the next chapter. I'll update no later than 5/15/2011. ENJOY! VOTE AND COMMENT! Oh and BTW, if your reading the school for the gifted then please make yourself known as a worthy fan and fan me so i can dedicate my chapters to you! THANKS!

___________________________________________________________________

Chapter 23 – Frenemies

Giselle walked through the campus feeling slightly content. Things seemed to be going well for her, Isaac wasn’t even mad at her about the situation with Jonah. In the pit of her stomach she could feel something was off. Something felt off because she still hadn’t made up with Jonah.

How badly she wanted to go looking for him and end the idiotic battle they were involved in. Friends shouldn’t be fighting for something so stupid; at least that’s what she felt. But the dogmatic part of her told her otherwise, getting to class seemed the more appropriate.

The campus was filled with students rushing and talking hastily, some making small talk and brushing others off to get to class. Giselle watched several of them disappear in their place and reappear across campus in front of their classroom building. She smirked to herself wishing she could do the same thing. All she could do was light someone’s food on fire.

A leap crossed Giselle’s stomach as she approached her History of the homelands building. There Jonah stood looking awkward as ever with a slight smile on his face. He waved and Giselle gave him a nod, not sure how to approach the situation but hoping it would get resolved.

She stopped in her tracks, right in front of him.

“I was looking for you yesterday after class but I couldn’t find you.” Jonah said.

“Oh, I was with the professor.” She replied. “Had to talk to him about some stuff.”

 “Cool.” He said while picking at his elbow. There was silence for a moment till he finally let his arm fall to his side and let out a sigh. “Listen I’m sorry about yesterday, turning sir snow a lot into a snake wasn’t nice of me, even if he looked better as one.”

Giselle smirked. “That was a pathetic apology.”

Jonah laughed. “No seriously, I apologize. It won’t happen again.”

“It’s okay.” Giselle said with a sigh. “I don’t understand why you did it but It’s cool.”

Because I was jealous. He thought to himself but instead said. “Yeah me either, just being Jonah.”

“I have to get to class.” Giselle replied while stepping towards the door.

Jonah stepped in front of it. “I’ve been meaning to ask you, can we hang out after class today? I still haven’t got to show you that surprise.”

“I have detention.” She mumbled. “Long story, but I’ll call you sometime; maybe we can work something out tomorrow morning.”

Jonah smirked. “Sure.” He was ready to walk away when he stopped in his tracks; he turned to her and leaned forward. Giselle hesitated while leaning backward wondering what Jonah was thinking until she felt a pluck and rubbed her head in pain wondering why on earth Jonah would take out a piece of her hair.