The School for the Gifted: Betrayal (Book Two) - Prologue

Note: If you do not remember Sabina Ignus re-read Chapter 35, instant flames and sword play. 

- - - - - - - 

Prologue

            The wind was blowing from outside into the window. Faint light existed, coming from the sun setting a shade onto the floor. Giselle bit back the air in her lungs nervously, her entire body aching in pain. Isaac stood beside her staring at the ceiling in silence. There wasn’t much to say. All they could do was be there for each other during a time of grieve.

            Except, grieving wasn’t to be shown. There were more important things to be handled and huge amounts of misconceptions to be cleared up. The entire gifted world was in shock, millions of news reporters stood outside of the royal castle waiting for Giselle to come outside and speak on the events that had happened in the last couple days. But she couldn’t. She was called to witness a meeting in the queen’s royal chambers that would tell her the outcome of the past few weeks.

The queen walked into her royal chamber wearing a golden gown that gracefully trailed behind her feet as she walked. Her crown stood on her head, shining in the light coming from the chandeliers. The grey marble floor clicked and clanked as she walked across and sat at her golden trimmed thrown with bright green pillows.

Almost instantly Isaac and Giselle bowed, though they were at the back of the room only witnessing, they still had to show their utter respect. Isaac was fond of the queen and would never in a million years disrespect her. There were several seats in front of them, about two rows that were empty followed by the first row that was completely filled. At the front row was the council, each of them wealthy members of zeptoria who would agree on any sentencing that would be given. Isaac watching them closely, knowing that they were all close friends of the royal family or members of the royal family themselves.

The royal chambers doors then opened, three people walking in. Giselle’s mind froze as her father gracefully came through the entrance, Sir Nicholas Riley. His redish orange hair was sleek and pushed back almost looking exactly like hers. His eyes, his bright green eyes lit up the room, almost brighter in the chandelier filled hall. She sucked in a breath. It was almost like she was looking in a mirror. She looked just like him.

Professor Cornelius trailed behind him with Sabina Ignus by his side. Giselle stared at Sabina closely remembering her completely. She was the women who helped her light a book on fire during classes and was an adult fire user herself. She swallowed hard, wondering why she would be here.

The three adults stood in front of the queen, arms at there sides after they each bowed. Queen Isadora stared at them serious and with a posture full of grace. The entire room was filled with silence as if at any given moment a pin would drop and could be heard miles away.

“I am entirely disappointed in the amount of secrets that have been kept from the royal family.” Queen Isadora spoke. “How dare you! This is preposterous, how do you think this makes me look? For something so serious to be kept from me?”

The room remained silent.

“I feel as if it myself to blame, I have been so busy with Zeptorian affairs that I haven’t even paid close to attention to Gifted Academy.” She continued. “But I won’t.”

Giselle flinched. So who was going to take the blame for the only Zeptorian School in the universe almost being taken over? She was right. It wasn’t her fault that secrets were kept from her, if anything that was Giselle and Isaacs fault. But, it seemed like it wasn’t their fault either. They tried to warn the authorities. They told the professor, he just didn’t believe them.