The Rhodes Not Taken

Peyton p.o.v.

I tap the driving wheel while waiting outside The chang house for James and Mike. I've already told Kurt what happened after the game and Mike also joined the glee club for me and wanted to watch over his little brother.

Anyway I was waiting for them since Mike still hasn't gotten his car fixed and Kurt got a ride with Mercedes. I gripped the wheel more as I pressed my forehead against the horn making the honking sound.

"Peyton!" I immediately looked up to the side seeing James and Mike behind him. "I know we take long but doesn't mean for you to honk the horn!" James yelled as he got into the back and Mike into the front.

"I know..I'm sorry I've just been thinking ok? Queen bee has been getting sickness in the mornings and Jellyfish has been more nervous then he usually is...and Blueberry leaving" I slap my cheeks.

"Gosh! Even Coach Sue! I feel like she's behind her leaving!" I sigh looking at the chang brothers "I'm sorry guys..let's go before I make us late" I turn back to the road and start driving but more safer than usual.

When we got to school James ran off and as I was a both to follow Mike pulled me to him and kissed me surprising me a bit. I pull back still having his hands on my cheeks and my hands over his and his breath against my lips.

"What was the kiss for?" I ask blushing and him leaning his forehead against mine as always. "To clear your mind k? Just relax and things will be ok" I nod slowly.

He then wipes my bottom lip and kisses my forehead "let's get to class" we walk together in the school.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

We were all sitting in the choir room waiting for Mr. Shue. When he enters a older women come in as well wearing white jacket and flower shirt. "Guys, I'd like to introduce you to someone very special. This is April Rhodes. She's our newest member."

Jellyfish looks at the two confused while asking "Wait, so old people can join Glee club now?" I elbow him in the stomach making him groan. "OK Jellyfish you may be popular and get away with things but you never" I point my finger in his face "ever in your life call a women old. If you do that again I'll punch you in the face like I did to Latina cheerio over there" pointing my thumb towards her "and Dick mowak boy there too" pointing my other thumb to him "and break your nose"

I glare at him and the April cheek chuckles before saying "old, huh? You guys look like the world's worst Benetton ad." She chuckles and I get ready to stand up but Mike pulls me down not wanting me to get in trouble.

Artie rises his hand saying "Mister. Shue this seems like a terrible idea." I nod saying "damn right we don't need some short saggy boobs in the glee club" I get hit on the back of the head by James and makes me glare at him.

While mr. Shue says "actually April is a great singer" I scoff as Mercedes says "we appreciate what you're trying to do but she's not Rachel" April looks at Mercedes and asks "who's Rachel" "sh-she's kind of our star" Tina counters back stuttering as she does.

"Your star, eh? Well where is she?" I kicked the chair in front of me making it fall to the ground "well our star is not here cuz someone" I looked at Mr. Shue "didn't give her the part she's so destined to play to her just because we didn't the disco dance routine at the assembly"

James covers my mouth while saying "sorry but I agree with Peyton even though she's saying it rudely" he looks at me glaring slightly "and plus We've never heard April sing before so we don't know if she's better or at least up to Rachel's level" I moved his hand as everyone else in the room nods agreeing to what he said.