Chapter 20: Chaos

• Dedicated to My readers

Last chapter of the first Walkers novel, I hope you enjoy!

Picture: The offcial Walkers Book 1 Changing cover

Song: My Immortal by Evanescence

Chapter 20: Chaos

Day Walker Code 110- Running from danger can be the only way to survive

Hayden

As soon as the cries of the Dimidium-Lamias were heard, chaos broke loose everywhere on the school campus. As soon as the Dimidiums were seen, it was a total bloodbath.

Because Hayden was able to kill whatever Half-Breed that came her way, going around the school to search for Aria had almost been easy. Almost. Everyone was running around disoriented and at times it was hard to tell what things she was and wasn’t supposed to kill. She’d almost ripped off a Day Walker’s head because she thought he was a Half-Breed; turns out, he was simply very ugly.

Going around the campus, she didn’t understand why the vampires weren’t fighting back; they had gotten enough training for that, so why weren’t they doing anything? Sure, there were a few Walkers that were defending themselves, but that was about it. The rest were all trying to make a run for it, and sadly, they couldn’t even manage that.

Hayden stayed in front of her group of friends as they ran around the school, still without any sign of Aria. The four of them were now not only covered in soot, but in brown and red blood as well. She’d killed a few Mortalis that had gotten in her way. The Humanas were actually shooting at them with wooden bullets; they might have somehow discovered that they were vampires, but they had the whole theory wrong. Wooden bullets, Hayden thought as she ripped off another Dimidium head, why are they so stupid?

“Hayden” Ezra said after a while, pulling on her arm to bring her to a stop. “Let’s face it. Aria isn’t here; she probably might have already ran off into the woods.”

“What if she didn’t Ezra!?” Hayden snapped, jerking her arm away. She started to feel weird again. Her pills were safely tucked into her pocket, but now was not the time for her to take them out. “What if she’s here looking for me too!?” She quickly continued walking ahead. “I am not leaving until I know for sure that she’s not here.”

“Hayden—” Chayton tried to say walking behind her, trying to calm her down, but with no luck.

“And what about Tanner and Maria!?” She shouted as she kicked a police officer out of her way. She then turned around to face her friends. “We can’t just leave them. And what about Mrs. Hail and—”

“You know what Brooks?” Ezra furiously interrupted. “This school’s made you weak. It’s like you’ve forgotten that you’re a Night Walker. We’re not supposed to care about stupid, obnoxious, shallow day vampires! So you know what, circle leader? I’m out. I’ve got better things to do than to try finding a girl that I hate, and dealing with a crazy soulless vampire.”

That stung a lot, so much that it made her speechless. Hayden watched as Ezra furiously walked away. She was about to turn around and attempt to forget for the moment what he’d just said, when out of nowhere a Half-Vampire appeared and jumped on her friend.

“Ezra!” Hayden yelled. But it was too late; the Dimidium was faster and ripped off her friend’s head.

It had all happened so fast that she barely had time to process it; it was only when Ezra’s head rolled to her feet that Hayden truly realized the gravity of the situation. Infuriated, she launched herself at the Dimidium and killed it in record time. She ripped off every single part of its body, trying to burn off her anger and sadness. Chayton had to pull her back so she would stop.