Chapter 3: Crying for help (Part 2)

The other half of the chapter just for you :)

Picture: Kendall Jenner as Maria Preston

Song: Save me by Remy Zero

Maria

      Was Maria imagining things, or were the Night Walker boys really cute? No, she suddenly though, they weren’t cute, they were hot. They all seemed to have that dark sexy side that she couldn’t ever find in a Day Walker; it was sadly very attractive.

      “It’s weird how most of them have black hair.” Her best friend Drew pointed out. “It’s so hard to get that colour naturally.”

It was finally lunch time and Maria, Gwen, Drew her twin brother Blake, Jaden and his brother/boyfriend Axel were all having lunch at the cafeteria. They all made it through the three first periods unharmed. Sure there had been a few close calls, but what more could you expect on the first day? 

“You’re just mad because your hair isn’t that colour.” Maria pointed out to her friend as she looked at herself in her miniature mirror to make sure that her hair was still perfect.

“I’m so tired.” Gwen suddenly said, changing the subject. “I’ve been up since six this morning because I couldn’t sleep, and I’m the one who drove the four hours to get here because Dylan doesn’t have his permit.” She complained as she yawned, putting her arms on the table and her head on top.

“What kind of schedule is this, anyway?” Jaden exclaimed. “We start school at five in the afternoon and finish at midnight, midnight! I thought I was going to fall off my chair in Walker History because I was so bored and tired. Oh, by the way this year, History’s taught by a Night Walker.” He announced in disgust.       

Drew immediately kicked the table at his announcement. “Damn it!” She shouted, making a few heads turn their way. “That was my favourite subject!”

      Blake finally decided to speak up. “We’re supposed to adjust to the new time schedule.” He pointed out. “Besides, in about a week or two we’ll get used it.  Just, I don’t know, drink coffee in the mean time, and hope that the caffeine buzz will keep you awake and in a good mood long enough to deal with the Nights.”

      “Drinking coffee, I can do that, good idea Blake, really great idea.” Gwen said lifting her head back up. “Oh, look there’s my brother. Dylan! Dylan!” She yelled waving her arms. 

He had just entered the cafeteria with Tanner and Jonas. The three of them making girls’ heads turn their way; sometimes Maria felt proud to say that Tanner was her brother, sometimes.

“What!” Dylan yelled from the other side of the cafeteria.

      “If you’re going to stand in line for no reason” Gwen shouted back. “Can you buy me some coffee, please? I’ll pay you back later Hun’” She asked her twin. Again, everyone in the room now seemed to be looking at their table; not that Maria minded the extra attention.

“Yeah, fine, whatever,” Dylan simply responded from the other end of the room as he went to go stand in line to get his lunch.

      Maria thought it was a great idea; she was going to tell Tanner to get some coffee for her as well, but he seemed to have read her mind. “No!” Tanner yelled from across the cafeteria before she could even say anything. “I’m not wasting money on you!” She gave him the finger in response, making vampires around them laugh.

      The cafeteria was by far the strangest part of the school that she’d seen up until now, Maria noticed. The walls were made of real grey stone, the floors were marble and the chairs and tables were like in normal High Schools. There were lots of chandeliers hanging from the high ceilings and there was a huge fireplace on the north end of the cafeteria. It was the warmest place in the entire school. It was filled with Day Walkers that wanted to get away from the cold. The Nights were only there to eat, and they kept their distances from the fire and everyone else.