Chapter 7: Trusting and believing (Part 2)

Here comes a little bit of razzle dazzle. Read on!

Picture: People holding hands
Song: Catch My Breath by Kelly Clarkson

Hayden

            Because Tanner couldn’t see in the dark, she literally needed to drag him behind her. Hayden needed to watch every step she took if she didn’t want to accidentally knock him into a tree, which she sadly did a few of times so far. She ignored his questioning and complaining the whole time that they walked; she preferred to let him be surprised. Besides, he couldn’t really leave without her, because the poor vamp couldn’t see a thing at this time without her guidance.

            Finally after walking for a good ten minutes in the woods, she stopped; Tanner awkwardly bumped into her from the back. “Where are we?” He asked, for what seemed to Hayden like the zillionth time. She noticed that he was still incredibly close to her. She pushed him back gently.

            “In the woods” She answered, setting herself down onto the ground, and looking into her bag for her ritual book that she had been reading in detention.

            “Yeah, I got that when you accidentally bumped me into those trees earlier.” She watched him as he struggled to sit down blindly in an okay spot. “But why are we here?” 

            “I wanted to try this really simple ritual that involves a Day and a Night Walker.” She answered putting the open book down in front of her, and rereading the instructions quickly. “I’ve never tried it before, because well, I’ve never really been around a Day that I could do this with.”

            “So you decided to try it with me, at the complete end of the woods so that no one could hear me scream. Well thought of Brooks.” Tanner sarcastically commented.  

            “Not funny Preston.” Hayden snapped back.

            “Has it ever occurred to you that I might not even want to do this?”He replied harshly. “And even if I did, why do we need to do this now? You could’ve just dragged me out here after detention.” She then saw him yawn.

            “Because, otherwise you’d be too tired and you wouldn’t be able to concentrate, plus, I wanted to this while I still had your attention.” She went through her bag and took out a small candle that she always carried around with her, and then cussed. “Do you by any chance have a lighter?” She asked him hopefully.

            “Yeah” He answered going through his pockets; she looked at him confusingly. “What? I carry it around so that I can see at night; not a smoker Brooks, don’t worry.”

            “You had a lighter this whole time, and you still made me drag you?” She asked trying not to laugh.

            “I hadn’t really thought about it until now.” He replied with amusement. He gave her the lighter, and she lit the candle.

            It was amazing how much such a small thing could bring so much light in total darkness. “Well hello there.” Tanner said with a grin; he could probably see her now. She than realised how close he was sitting in front of her.

            She blushed, but didn’t let it show for long because they didn’t have much time to waste to do the small ritual. In fact, it was so small, it wasn’t even considered as a ritual.

            “Okay, so you know when you said that you doubted that you have Night Walkers somewhere in your family tree?” She asked him, putting the candle between the two of them.