Chapter 13: Bloody secret (Part 2)

Second part, read on and PAY ATTENTION!

Picture: A Dimidium-Lamia

Song: What Doesn't Kill You by Kelly Clarkson

Maria

Maria was at the bathroom when all the lights suddenly went out. Not only was it extremely complicated to pee with a big puffy dress on, but it also incredibly difficult when you couldn’t see in the dark. Using the walls to guide her, she was able to battle her way out of the bathroom stall and also wash her hands. She was trying to find the exit of the room when she noticed that there was no more music playing and that the school was incredibly silent. As she got out of the bathroom, the only noise that was audible was the sound of her heel bagging against the cold marble floor. It was strange how the chandeliers also weren’t lit anymore, as if the wind had blown them out; however there was no breeze anywhere, but that didn’t stop Maria from feeling extremely cold. Where was everyone? She wondered as she blindly walked the halls of the deserted school. Where was Tanner? When weird things happened he usually came to find her, even if he couldn’t see anything.

Maria continued to walk down the hall, using the chilled brick walls to guide her. For a moment she thought that there might have been an alien invasion during her absence and she was the only survivor. But of course, she immediately removed that thought from her pretty little head.

She didn’t understand she was supposed to be heading towards the exterior of the school but there only seemed to be a narrow hallway going forever with no windows. She must have taken a wrong turn a few minutes back, Maria supposed. She decided to turn back around, when she felt something. It was that strange feeling that some Walkers got in their stomach whenever something bad was near. At first, Maria decided to ignore it and continue walking back to where she’d started off, but when the feeling grew bigger she decided to turn back around and get away from whatever was near. If it had been daytime or if she could see, Maria would have taken dead on the thing that was following her. But it was night, and she was almost blind and not to mention extremely tired; she really didn’t feel like fighting at the moment.

Where was everyone!? Why was she alone in the dark—why was it dark anyway? Why was it so cold? Why was no one coming to get her!? Why— something moved. Maria froze and let out a small chocked cry. Should she run? No, she needed to show her pursuer that she wasn’t scared. She then started to take slow quiet steps in the same direction she’d been heading in before, when she suddenly felt something breathing behind her, very closely behind her. It was breathing loudly and smelled really bad and Maria heard it follow every step she took. Now she was terrified. Finally, after thinking about it for half a second too long, she decided to run, despite in her total blindness and five inch heels.

She ran as fast as her tired legs could make her when she bumped into something. It was tall, solid, breathing loudly, and smelled absolutely horrible. Even in the darkness, its bright yellow eyes stood out. “Pressssssssssssttttonnnnnnnn.” It whispered in a snake like of voice.

Maria let out a high-pitched scream and ran off the opposite direction. “Maria! Where the hell are you!?” A familiar voiced called urgently far away.

“HAYDEN HELP!” Maria yelled as loud as she possibly could in hopes the Night Walker would be able to find her quickly.

As she raced away from the creature trying to escape, it suddenly caught up with her and pinned her against the nearest wall. Maria tried to scream but its grip was so strong she couldn’t let out a sound. The yellow-eyed monster slowly lifted her in the air as her eyes watered up and she feared for her life.