Chapter 3: Crying for help (Part 1)

Yeah...okay, I'll admit I kind of went over my head for this one. It is LONG! Take your time, just as long as you read it, I'm happy :D

Picture: Brenton Thwaites as Tanner Preston

Song: Gives You Hell by The All-American Rejects

Chapter 3: Crying for help

          Walker Code 012- We do not fight with those of different species for our own amusement

Tanner 

After the screaming, the crying, the whining, the swearing, the kicking and the punching, Tanner was finally able to get Maria into the van. A week ago they had received the official letter explaining the sudden relocation of their schools, and the Walkers that would be attending them. School now apparently started at five in the afternoon and finished at midnight; the Day Walkers could get their fair share of sunlight and the Night Walkers got to spend some time under the moon. The letter also explained that the Day Walker girl dorm would be on the East side of the campus and the boys’ would be on the south side of campus. The boy Night Walkers would have their dorm on the north of campus and the girls would have theirs on the West side, and the school and other buildings would be in the middle of everything. The letter pointed out very clearly that any vampire caught fighting or provoking one without any serious reason, would be expelled from the school immediately. Tanner wondered how long it would take the school board to close down the school, because he was sure that within a week, more than half of the students would probably be gone; that is, if they even chose to go to school this year.

It was only when they found out that they needed to wear uniforms this year that Maria started to break down. The uniforms were to prove that they were all in a strange way the same, and also to avoid any vampire girl fights. Maria had completely lost it three days ago, when they had each received their uniforms in a package. The girls had a choice of either a short black dress with a black or white blouse under, or they could wear a dark blue or black skirt with a blouse and a sleeveless sweater vest. The girls had to wear nylons and black shoes, and they also had a choice of either a black or a blue sweater. The boys had to wear either a black or a dark blue sweater vest, with a V neck; they had a choice of dark blue, black or grey chemise to put under it. He received two pairs of black jeans, a pair of black socks and black shoes. They also had a black sweater with a white zipper and a hood. The students were allowed to wear their own clothing only for fighting classes, or on special occasions, but again, the whole outfit needed to be black. That was a big disappointment to all Day Walkers because usually they avoided all dark clothing. The Nights on the other hand, Tanner thought, must be over rejoiced, he supposed. Tanner thought the uniforms weren’t that bad, they looked kind of cool for Goth wear; Maria however, had started panicking, crying, and screaming that she would never wear that in her life.

Their parents had finally come around, and let them attend school this year because they thought that being around Night Walkers would set them straight, and that it was big enough of a punishment for everything they had done over the year, and their life. It was right about then that Tanner started to think that a Mortalis public High School didn’t seem so bad after all. He also suspected that their parents simply wanted them to attend the school so that he and his sister could find the two Night Walkers that had broken into their house a couple weeks ago. Tanner kept running scenarios in his head about what he would do if he did find them again; so far, it was nothing pleasant. He hadn’t known what had gone through his mind when he let those two girls go; maybe he just pitied them and their poor fighting skills.