Chapter 6: Dreaming wide awake (Part 1)

Brace yourself, this is a long chapter. But seriously, it's good. As I said in the previous chapter, this is where the fun starts.

Picture: One of the first covers I made for this novel
Song:
Wake me Up by Avicii

Chapter 6: Dreaming wide awake

          Walker Code 084- Every new Abilitater must be reported to the Walker Government

Tanner

     Tanner woke up in his bed to the sound of his still broken alarm clock beeping faintly. As soon as he opened his eyes, an immediate rush of thoughts went through his mind. What had exactly had happened last night? He didn’t know. Did he even want to know? No, probably not. Did the ritual even work after all that chaos? Again, probably not, he supposed. Tanner wondered if that was what happened every time Hayden and her delinquents casted a circle. Stupid Night Walker magic, he thought as he reached to turn his alarm clock off. At his movement, his entire body started burning everywhere, and all of a sudden, all strength left in him and suddenly vanished; he had just enough time to turn the alarm off, before all he could do was lie in his bed and stare at the ceiling; a very boring ceiling actually. He hadn’t put up his poster of Megan Fox in a bikini yet; so he had nothing good to look at.

Even vampires could get sick, it didn’t happen often, but it still did. He blamed the ritual for his current state; his school week was really not starting off well. The first day he got into a big fight, which resulted to the school to be under lockdown; he also ended up staying up practically all morning to go to a ritual that had actually been cancelled. The second school day he had apparently dated his sister for almost an hour, and he had gotten paired up with a Night Walker in Vampireologie, and had found a way to get her angry, plus later on that day he had still ended up going to a ritual with that same Night Walker and have everything get messed up. And now today, he was sick. Tomorrow, if the stream of bad luck continued Were-Wolves were probably going to invade the school and he was going to die a horrible death. Sounded like a plan. Well, Tanner was certain of one thing; he wasn’t going to class today because he couldn’t even get up. He actually would have been happy to go to school; he would have loved to throw up all over Hayden Brooks because this was all clearly all her fault. He would like to think that this whole virus was brought on because he stayed up late, but no; the ritual had probably messed up his state if health; ergo it was Hayden’s fault. He felt his burning fever, his muscles and heart pumping at full speed, a slight head ach, his stuffy nose, and of course the feeling of being too hot and too cold all at once. 

            Although he should have seen this coming, he wasn’t exactly prepared when he suddenly felt his stomach lifting; which could only mean one thing. He got up as fast as he could—slightly amazed by his sudden return of body strength—, and ran for the dorm bathroom. It was in moments like these that Tanner wondered why each student couldn’t just have their own bathroom in their rooms; it would be incredibly useful in certain situations, like the one he was currently in.

He didn’t care if he was shirtless and in boxers, he just needed to make it to the bathroom. Tanner wasn’t able to run as fast as he normally did, but he was still able enter the washroom just in time to throw up in a toilet that he wasn’t even sure was emptied of its previous waste. Oh well.

He felt more awful than before. He once again blamed the ritual for his current condition. Tanner wondered if Maria was also sick. Did he care? No, not really. Should he? Nah, he thought and puked all at once. What in the world was he throwing up anyway? It wasn’t like he had breakfast, and he didn’t have supper the night before. He was glad that his nose was stuffed; because he was pretty sure that it smelled as bad as it looked, if not worse.