Chapter 4: A light in total darkness (Part 1)

Yay! New chapter! It's shorter than the other ones, but still just as good! Enjoy :)

Picture: Nicola Peltz as Aria Brooks

Song: Radioactive by Imagine Dragons

Chapter 4: A light in total darkness

Day Walker Code 056- Any Day Walker caught doing magic is punishable by law

Tanner

Sadly, no one was expelled, not even the Night Walker that had started the fight. There had been too many vampires in the cafeteria and the school board couldn’t send everyone back home; so, instead everyone simply got a warning. Because no teachers had been present in the cafeteria until after the fight, the faculty had no proof to prove which Walker did the most damage; some vampire had gotten the brilliant thought to break all the cameras to make sure of that. In fact, it had been Tanner’s idea and he was quite proud of it.  

The classes following lunch were all cancelled, and everyone was sent to their dorms for the rest of the day. The teachers were patrolling outside to make sure no one would sneak out, and so far a lot of Walkers had tried. The restriction simply made them want to do it even more.

Tanner was so mad at Evander and that idiot Cole. Clearly, Evander was pretty much the one who had started the whole fight in the first place and was the reason why they were all in this mess; and Cole had almost killed his sister right in front of him. Tanner seriously wished that he could have fought the Night Walker, maybe even murdered him; but sadly Hayden had already taken care of the whole thing.

Maria hadn’t been the only one that had gotten injured during the fight. Many Day Walkers were in the infirmary because the Nights for some odd reason had better fighting skills. His sister was now in her dorm room; the school nurse just said that she needed to get some rest and that the wound would heal itself after a few hours, and if not, well then they had a problem. Maria would feel a little dizzy in the next few days because of the blood lost, but it wasn’t supposed to be anything serious. Tanner wondered what he would have done if the wound would have been fatal; probably kill Cole, he thought once again. It was strange how in the Mortalis world killing someone at sixteen was considered wrong, terrible and abnormal; whereas in the Walker world it was simply considered wrong. Tanner didn’t know any vampire over twenty that hadn’t kill something yet. Whether it was an animal, Mortalis, Dimidium-Lamia or Walker, they had at least killed something. It was their predator instincts; so killing Cole didn’t really cause a problem in Tanner’s mind.

Because Tanner couldn’t leave his room, he decided that it was time to unpack his belongings. He grabbed his backpack first and then emptied its continents on his unmade bed. Bathroom stuff, it wasn’t really something useful that he could have fun with to pass the time. Well, there was always the option of blowing up and popping the condoms that he’d brought, but he might needs those eventually, so he decided to keep them intact. Tanner then decided to go through his biggest suitcase. It was mostly his clothes, but he did find his cell phone charger; but, where was he phone? It would be so typical of him to have forgotten it at home and only brought the charger. But at least now he found something to do: look for his phone.  

He had been looking for a good five minutes, before he finally gave up and decided to go pee in the dorm bathroom.

“What are you doing here?” A teacher asked him as he entered the washroom.

Tanner narrowed his eyes; teachers patrolling in the bathroom, really? “I got to pee.” Tanner answered rather carelessly, already making his way to the urinal.