Chapter 12: Confusing moments

Two updates in one day! I AM ON FIRE! The book is almost done still a few more chapters to go; start mentally preparing yourself now for the dramatic conclusion!

Picture: A boy and a girl in close proximity

Song: Problem by Max Shneider

Chapter 12 - Confusing moments          

Night Walker Code 009- Day Walkers are not our friends, nor our enemies.

Hayden

          Next week was Halloween. Not only could she not leave the school grounds to celebrate, she could barely leave her room! Ever since Head Master Isaac announced two weeks ago to the entire student body about Maria, Tanner and her “conditions, students have been lining up outside her room so she could read their souls. At first she didn’t mind, but now? She started charging twenty dollars per reading, hoping that it would reduce the number of vampires, sadly it didn’t; it just gave her extra money to put in her pockets. Tanner had apologized at least ten times since the students started asking for the readings. He’d been incredibly nice to her since their talk in the staircase two weeks ago, she knew that telling Tanner about her drinking the Half-Breed blood wasn’t the best idea, but it had felt good to get the weight off of her shoulders.

“Hay” Aria said to her. “C’mon we’re going to be late.” Hayden grabbed her stuff and headed out the door with her twin.

......

The bell rang for fourth period and Hayden followed the wave of students out of the classroom. When she turned the corner to go to her locker, she ran right into Tanner Preston, because she was just that lucky. At the sight of him; she got that annoying butterfly feeling in her stomach that she hated so much.

“Hi.” He said to her with a dashing smile.          

“Oh, hey.” Hayden responded taking a step back.

“Hi, Tanner!” Aria spat out breathlessly.          

For a moment, Hayden had forgotten that her twin was walking with her. “Oh, hi hum…” Tanner responded trying to remember her sister’s name.          

“Aria” Her twin responded grinning like an idiot. “My name’s Aria, remember?”          

“Right” Tanner replied. “I knew it sounded like some sort of disease.”      

Aria’s mouth dropped, and Hayden burst out laughing but quickly stopped when she realised how impolite it was. Her twin glanced at Hayden before dramatically stomping off.          

“I was looking for you Brooks.” Tanner said bringing Hayden’s attention back to him.           

“What for Preston?” She asked the Day Walker.          

He shrugged before answering. “I wanted to know if you were going to the Halloween party.”  Oh yeah, Hayden suddenly remembered. Head Mistress Olympia had announced about a week ago about a big party in the cafeteria happening Halloween night, costumes were sadly obligated.

“Asking me to the dance Preston? Kind of cliché, don’t you think?”

“Nah, I’m taking my sister. I just don’t plan on staying with her all night.” He gave her a flirtatious smile, which she’d been getting a lot these past two weeks. “Are you going?” He then asked her again.