Chapter 15: Uncolored

Yay! Chapter 15! Enjoy!

Picture: Kendall Jenner as Maria Preston

Song: Breath of Life by Florence + Machine

Chapter 15- Uncolored  

Walker Code 139- We are living creatures; we have emotions and a soul.

Hayden

Four days had passed since Callista’s and Liora’s deaths and it had gravely affected the remaining members of her circle. The school was going to remain open; however there would be no funeral for the dead students. They were told in another school conference two days ago that if they took another step out of line, everyone was going to be pulled out of school and forced to redo their year in September, both species in different schools. Hayden and her friends were organizing a ritual that made sure the departed souls’ passed on well into the next world.

Cole had been missing for a nearly five days and Hayden hoped that he kept running. She vowed to herself that if ever she got a hold of him, she was going kill him. She and Tanner still haven’t had any decent conversations since the school dance; she wanted to think that it was for the best, but she couldn’t help but miss the way things used to be between the two of them.

Hayden was the first to arrive to Mrs. Hail’s ability training class. At first, she hadn’t wanted to go, but eventually she forced herself out of bed; it was time for her to stop feeling sorry for herself. Yes, some of her friends had died, but life goes on for those who still live. As she waited alone in the classroom, she knew that Aria would be on her way soon. Her sister desperately waiting each day for the right moment to go see Mrs. Hail, even when they didn’t have lessons planned. Her ability was driving Aria crazy, in a very severe way. She was an emotion reverser and reader. She could not only change people’s emotions, but sense them too. Mrs. Hail explained that in order for Aria to be able to control her ability, she needed to be able to control her own emotions as well, which had obviously become quite difficult to manage these days. The teacher also pointed out that the reason why Aria was having so much difficulty taking charge over her new power was because she had two abilities trying to break through at the same time, which was very uncommon.

Chayton and Evander walked into the classroom, both wearing a sad faces as they came to sit beside Hayden. “Where’s Aria?” She asked them.

“Head Mistress Olympia wanted to see her.” Chayton answered with no emotion. He’d been acting differently since the death of their two friends; haven’t they all?

“Do you know what’s fuck up in all this shit?” Evander asked, seeming more alive than anyone else present. “I was part of that damn fight and I know for a fucking fact that Liora and Callista weren’t. When the hell does Liora fight?!”     

            Despite the bad language, Hayden was able to see his point. “You’re right Evander.” She agreed, her mind suddenly brainstorming.

“I always fucking am; no one takes the damn time to fucking listen to me.” Her friend responded making, cause her to roll her eyes a small smile playing on her lips.

“Wait,” Chayton suddenly cut in. “so you’re saying that they couldn’t have been killed in the fight?”

            “Yes, that’s what I just fucking said. Maybe if you listened to me—” Evander rudely begun to snap back.

            “I was listening!”

            “Fuck no! Stop laying you damn hypocrite!”