District Thirteen - Female - Laurence Soye (CaptainHellYeah)

Name: Laurence “Laure” Soye

Age: 23

District: 13

Appearance: She has hazelnut brown hair with a slight golden shine to it. She mostly wears it to the side, in a sideward tail or braid, with a few strings tickling her ears and neck. Her eyes are grey and strong, those eyes that see right through your walls and show no emotions of their own. Her face has intense features. It is a face that is remarkable and a face that you’ll remember, but it’s not considered ‘pretty’ by everyone. Her skin is slightly tanned. She is skinny, with quite some female features and a strong, muscular build. She has the darkest eyebrows, and one of them misses a few hairs in the middle, because of the scar that cuts right through it. Her small nose has been broken a few times, and you can see it. She only has half of her left arm, her whole underarm has been replaced by a smart, metal prosthesis.

Personality: Laurence is known for her cunning, sassy, sarcastic, rude attitude against everyone. She has a lot of humour, and her witty insults give her the reputation of a mentally strong woman who knows what she wants. She is not mean in her heart, like so many think. When someone really needs her help she’ll be there, no matter if he/she is her best friend or a man she’s never met before. She will never challenge someone to a fight, outside of the sport or when he/she attacks her, and has learnt to manage and control her anger over the years. But, every coin has a flipside. Hers is that she has never truly progressed any pain. She learned at a very young age to treat emotional way the same way as physical pain. Bind it and do not think about it until the worst part is over. She will never open up to anyone because of those harsh studies. This citizen of district 13 misses her arm more than anything else in the world, and she thinks the world is an unfair place, and you should enjoy and fight for your happiness, for as long as it lasts. She wants other people to have the happiness she never had, but she will never tell anyone. She has a short temper, but not in terms of violence, more in words. She is always calm, except when in combat.

History: She was raised in the almost Spartan training atmosphere of the rebellious undergrounds of District 13. She was exposed to violence and the art of (street)fighting at a very young age, and it almost immediately became her passion. Not playing with dolls like normal girls, but beating every tooth out of another kids’ mouth. She was trained in a harsh and nuclear (literally) environment, where she learned how to conceal her pain and never open up to anyone. She slowly grew into a great fighter, and by the age of 16 she was very arrogant. She thought she could beat everyone, and challenged a man she wasn’t ready for. He made a cut in her underarm and beat her up. She healed, but the cut in her underarm got infected, and they had to amputate the whole underarm. She was devastated, but she knocked herself back up again and became a member of the higher street-fighting class, dropping her arrogance and replacing it with self-confidence.

Weapon: Together with her handicap, she gained something else the day her arm was amputated. Her prosthesis has a switchable hand. You can montage a number of ‘hands’ on it, including an iron fist, a hook and a gun. She prefers the iron fist, and around her other hand she wears a simple fighter-glove. She likes to use her fists and feet while fighting, but is not unfamiliar with a gun or knife.

Token: She wears a crimson red, supple, leather fighting-glove on her right hand. Laure carries the other glove with her to every place she goes, hanging on a cord around her neck. She cherishes it, hoping she one day might be able to put it on again.

Other: Laure suffers from phantom-limb-pain, especially when she doesn’t have her prosthesis on.