District Five - Female - Amelia Watton (MagmaKepner)

Name: Amelia Mae Watton

Age: 22

District: Five; Power

Appearance: Amelia Mae is what you would expect of a person who spent their life indoors. Although many people worked outside tending to the windmills, and therefore becoming quite tan, the first thing that makes Amelia stand out and subsequently become a target to Peacekeepers, is her skin, which is quite white. She never tans, and her skin always went back to a semi-pale cream shade if she did. Standing at a measly 5’ 2”, Amelia Mae also never grew to be as tall as many of her friends and family, and Amelia, although a bit miffed, tries to see the bright side of it. Her eyes stand out as a grey colour with flecks of green dotted around the outside, and her nose is small, only accentuated by the rectangular glasses that frame her face. Her smile, however, is one of the largest features on her face, if one is ever graced by it. A bit lopsided yet always genuine and full, her lips and smile could be said to pull her entire face together. Her hair is a thick mess of brown, often tied in a low tuft of a ponytail reaching her shoulders. Her build is also one that indicates her life inside- not muscular yet not large, Amelia Mae is in the middle of being quite average, weighing just under 112 lbs.

Personality: Considered quite eccentric by friends and colleagues, Amelia Mae has a mix of both introvert and extrovert within her. Quite shy and observing of others whom she doesn’t know, and thriving in solitude and quiet, it is contrasted when she gets with a group of friends or colleagues, especially when she has made a new discovery, when she then becomes outgoing and loud, yet always with a kind heart. When in situations of fast-pace or high stakes, however, Amelia’s mind is either racing and trying to take control of the situation, or she shuts everything out to think rationally, which has given her many injuries in time of a dire situation. However, if you catch Amelia Mae on a regular day, you’d either be greeted by a short wave or a large smile and bright eyes. Amelia, however, holds grudges- hurting someone she knows or herself, she will often never forget and set out to either ignore or make the person’s life as annoying as possible, though she prefers the method of ignoring, since the people she holds grudges against typically need her expertise.

History: Amelia Mae grew up in District Five with her mother Meredith, her father Frank, and her two siblings, a sister named Harper and a brother named Brandon. Amelia grew up watching the Games and though she escaped the reaping, when Amelia was thirteen a family friend was reaped, which threw the two families both apart and afterwards together. Amelia Mae’s father was a teacher at the school and her mother was a factory worker. Amelia excelled in school with barely any help, always striving for best marks yet never putting much effort in. When she reached high school her teachers realized that she was gifted with both maps and astronomy, and Amelia Mae soon grew to become one of the District’s most promising youth in developing new power sources. When Amelia got out of school, she was quickly offered a job at the only astronomy lab in Five, which focused on harnessing the power of gravity and the moon, and by the time she was twenty she was one of the most renowned scientists in Five, developing intricate patterns and mathematics to help discover a new power generator. However, everything changed when the Rebellion began- the school’s and businesses were shut down first, the school going up in flames as Amelia held her siblings back as teachers tried futilely to escape the blaze. Her father didn’t survive. Her mother, herself, and her two siblings, Harper now 14 and Brandon 16, quickly fled the District in the first wave of people leaving, and as Amelia left the District she vowed she would join whatever forces there were to stop the government. On the way to Thirteen, however, just a day before they arrived, Brandon and about half of their group were gunned down by militant hovercrafts that had planned an ambush attack.

Weapon: Though Amelia isn’t one for combat specifically, she does prefer a weapon which requires thinking, so no guns. She gained an affinity, however, for the types of weapons that required planning, such as grenades and bombs.

Token: When she had fled from Five, she had chosen to bring a single object aside from clothing, which was a locket with a photo of her family on one side, old and fraying, and on the other side a women whom her mother told her was her grandmother.

Other: Amelia Mae goes by Amelia or Amelia Mae.