District Two - Female - Briar Denmark (_Nevermore_)

Name: Briar Denmark

Age: 23

District: 2

Appearance: Briar has a sort of exotic beauty about her. Her skin, clear and fair is like porcelain. Her jet black, pin straight hair falls down her back like a waterfall. She never finds the need to tend to it, letting her long locks reach her waist. Her almond shaped eyes are a very light brown. When the light hits them just right, they almost seem copper. She is of average height, reaching around 5.6" with an hourglass figure any girl would kill for. However, the girl does not have much muscle on her, though she is very fit. The only major flaw see in her looks is the long winding scar on the left side of her face. Briar doesn't bother to hide it anymore, no longer showing shame towards it.

Personality: Briar is a very headstrong young woman. It could make her seem stubborn and slightly arrogant, but she is convinced the only one she could ever trust is herself. Her heart is of stone, and yet she treats many people with kindness and respect. Her fiery heart will get her far in life; it has always given her the will to fight. Briar doesn't believe in limits, and always pushes herself against her weaknesses to get what she wants. She seems like a strong fighter, but like every tragic hero, Briar has a major character flaw. Her pride. Briar would cross extreme limits to show she is as strong as she strives to be. It's her pride and desire to be the ideal rebel that may kill her one day.

History: Briar was the only child of the Denmark family, so she was pushed twice as hard. Both Briar's prideful parents were victors, and had quite high expectations for their only child. Like Briar, they believed that honor was the most important thing in life. Briar detested the Games, but the challenges she was given in training only made her stronger. This is the very place where she got her scar, when she was slashed in the face by her sparring partner with a sword. She was chosen to volunteer for the Games at age 17, which frightened Briar in ways that it shouldn't have. The night before the Reaping, in an act of desperation, she fled. She still regrets her cowardice, but knows she is on the right side.

Weapon of Choice: Crossbow

Token: Before she left her home, Briar had taken an mini marble figurine of a lion, that is small enough to fit in her pocket. She keeps it close to remind her of the courage she must have.