Quarterfinals - The Question

The apartment in which the rebels had agreed to meet up is a mess, littered with haphazardly placed canned foods and far too small to fit a crowd like theirs comfortably. Still, for the seven remaining rebels, it is safe. The other four, however, have gone missing. Their bodies were not found. There will be no pyre in their honour tonight.

Eclaire Cyppel, Adrian Pylon, Amelia Watton, Alana Grey.

***

In the amphitheatre, there is chaos. Though it is night, nobody sleeps - not even Kalea, usually nearly impossible to perturb. Alithia sits in front of a screen, which grants full view on the rebels' new base. She is twiddling her thumbs, the only sign of anxiety she is betraying. Pandora paces behind her, while Elpis stands frozen, seemingly unable to move.

"They're getting closer. At this rate, they'll have reached us within two days. At what point are we giving them too much hope?"

Alithia smiles. "Twenty-one of their number have died, Elpis. If you would call that hope, you don't understand what it is. At this rate, none will leave past two days."

Pandora's head jolts up. "Alithia. A call is trying to come into them from Thirteen."

"Let it in. We don't want them to know we can block their communicators just yet."

All four Gamemakers stare in the screens, anxious to see what happens next; this event will make or break them. The telescreen flickers open, revealing the face of Thirteen's president themselves. After a few minutes of intent listening, Kalea smiles.

"Is she saying what I think she is?"

Task:

- Your president has called for a reason: to discuss the possibility of a surrender. For obvious reasons, the group must reach the decision to go on. However, your character's opinion can go either way.

- Two will die. Four will be put up for votes.

- Word Limit: 1,500 words

- Deadline: 10 PM BST, Friday the 25th of July