District One - Male - Mercury Fleming (Clove_Thenardier)

Name: Mercury Fleming

Age: Nineteen

District: One

Appearance: Mercury is most easily identifiable by his dark red hair. It is kept short, for convenience as well as safety purposes. If this fails to serve as an adequate method of identification, he may also be recognized by his blue eyes if they are open and/or still attached to his head or his wiry frame if this is not the case. Although Mercury has muscles as you’d expect someone formerly from One and presently in Thirteen to possess, genetics have given him a naturally skinny body form.

Personality: Raised in a Career district, Mercury does not have qualms about killing his enemy. He claims the ends often justify the means but draws the line at the harm of children. Mercury tends to keep his thoughts to himself unless necessary to share. He is said to prefer diplomacy over battle, but views fighting as an often necessary step to reach the point where diplomacy is possible.

History: Mercury was born with a kind spirit, but growing up in the brutality of a Career district eventually beat much of the kindness out of him. He never agreed with the Games, although his family watched them whole heartedly and Mercury was forced to train for them anyway. Two of his siblings even volunteered for two separate Games. When the rebellion began, Mercury could not fight for the Capital as was expected of him. Instead, he fled to Thirteen.

Weapon: He prefers to use a broadsword, though he’s willing to use whatever his superior’s deem most efficient for the task he is assigned.

Token: A light red scarf that belonged to his sister. He keeps it wrapped around his upper arm under his sleeves.