District Twelve - Female - Alana Grey (ThisIsNotSparta)

Name: Alana Grey

Age: 19

District: 12

Appearance: Alana has rather masculine facial features. Her stubborn, set jaw and high cheekbones, along with her perfectly straight nose suggests that her appearance takes after her father. She has wide, almond-shaped eyes that don’t seem to fit with the rest of her face – they appear too big, and are deep purple, almost black. Her skin is quite tanned, often dirty from being near the coal mines. Her hair is chocolate brown, with almost gold highlights, which flows in waves just past her shoulders. Her fringe slopes off to the left, which often flops on her face. She’s average height, with small signs of a figure, but with large leg muscles, from when she used to run every day. Her nails are caked in dirt, and roughly torn.

Personality: Alana has always been a blunt person. She doesn’t talk much, and when she does, it’s usually to voice an opinion or discuss a plan. She despises unnecessary conversation and small talk, so she’s not usually the most popular person in any crowd. She is, however, an excellent fighter, and can handle herself well in long-ranged combat, as well as hand-to-hand combat, despite the lack of training in District 12. She’s very difficult to get to know – almost impossible, even – but if you do break down her otherwise undefeated barriers, then you won’t be sorry. At times, Alana can seem like the most pessimistic of people, but on the inside, she’s full of jokes and sarcasm that could brighten anyone’s day, and sympathy and knowledge that can make any bad situation look good. But she only shares these things with friends. Good friends. And no one’s ever come close yet.

History: Before the rebellion, Alana was an only child. Her father was the District’s butcher, and her mother was pregnant and on maternity leave from teaching. She had a few close friends, and was in her last year of entering the reaping. Alana had never been close with anyone who was in the Games, and she didn’t know Katniss at all. Peeta lived next door. They never really got on – Alana thought that Peeta was too empathetic, and he thought that Alana was too mean. She was happy; she had her parents, she had her friends and she had her district. Until the bombs went off. Alana was the only one she knew that survived it. She was never the same since. Every time anyone mentions District 12, or any of her friends and family, she relapses into a blank state, and is inconsolable. Sometimes, she stands there, a blank stare on her face. Other times, she is found to be crying hysterically, body shaking with uncontrollable fits of tears.

Weapon: Although District 12 lacks proper training grounds, Alana is particularly skilled with throwing knives. They’re good at long-range and hand-to-hand combat, of which Alana is good at both.

Token: All that Alana salvaged from her house after the District 12 bombing was a small ring of silver – just big enough to fit around her slim wrist. She has worn it ever since the rebellion.

Other: Alana bites her nails when she’s nervous. She’s also very sensitive about her family, friends and district.