Chapter 40.

Manik's POV

Three days. It has been three fucking days and she is gone. Gone without a hint. I couldn't even rest for a little while knowing her life was in danger.

Navya was gone too. And Cabir, he had gone crazy with her absence. Who wouldn't? She was eight months pregnant for fuck's sake. And she was kidnapped too. We had been trying to find out who was behind it because honestly I had many enemies to bring me down within a second.

That day when I and Cabir had left for another mission we didn't know it would turn out like this. We had gone to rescue a bunch of girls who were kidnapped and being forced to become prostitutes! Sure there was someone behind it but just as we had taken the girls outta that hell there were firings around and everything messed up. Cabir and me managed to fire back but till when? My men were nowhere to be seen and it was high time I take that matter in my hands.

We managed to escape out of there not before getting the girls at a safe place. But what I had not imagined was coming home to see the girls gone with the blood on the floor. It terrified me to think what would have happened. I fucking swear once I found it who was behind all this I will give him the most painful death.

"Manik!" I looked behind and saw Cabir with bags under his eyes and looking disheveled. I know he was too stressed for the three of them.

"Did you find anything?" He asked hopefully and I sighed shaking my head.

"No. I can't find anything. I bloody don't know why can't I find who is doing all this!" I gritted.

"We will soon Manik! And when we do, we won't let go so easily!" I could feel him clenching his jaws and fists as he dashed out of there.

At that moment my phone rang and I picked it up without bothering to see the name.

"Hello son!" That voice, it was like a slap on my face. Telling me about my reality that where I belong to.

"I. Am. Not. Your. Son!" I gritted gripping the phone tight in my hands.

"Ah! I see! Still can't get over your Mom's death!" I knew he was smirking on the other end.

"Don't you fucking say anything about her from your filthy mouth! I will fucking kill you!" I hissed and he chuckled making me more angry.

"I won't do that if I were you! You are more smarter than you think son! I would suggest you to leave all the bullshit you've been doing until now and join in my world! It will benefit you!" He said coldly and I swear I wanted to smash his face right then.

You are more smarter than you think!

I would suggest you to leave all the bullshit you've been doing until now and join in my world!

It will benefit you!

"You fucking kidnapped them!" His words rang in my ear and I knew it was him.

Fuck! Why didn't I think of it earlier!

"Now! Now! See you are there. I knew you were smart son!" He said coolly and it made my blood boil.

"Francis fucking Russo! If you or your men ever lay a finger on her or my sister I swear I will hunt you down and rip your heart from your chest!" I was shaking, my voice menancingly low.

He just laughed making me grip the phone more tightly.

"You dare too much! I don't know what all your brother, oops, half brother would have done with her! Must have enjoyed that chick!" He was still the same.

My breathing was ragged and I didn't say anything as I punched the wall making a hole over there with blood dripping from my hand. Suddenly my eyes flew open and I quickly opened my laptop.