Chapter 13.

Cabir's POV

I snapped out of my daze and rushed towards Nandini's unconscious figure.

"Shit! Nandini open your eyes! Nandini!" I shouted shaking her but no response.

She was lying in a pool of blood and that was making me more panicked. Without much delay I picked her in my arms and ran towards the car. I laid her down in the backseat and rushed to the driver's seat.

Driving rashly and taking sharp turns I reached hospital in 10 minutes.

"Doctor! Doctor!" I shouted frantically.

A nurse came running in my direction followed by two wardboys.

"Call the doctor fast! She needs treatment!" I had literally no patience as I kept shouting.

As soon as Nandini was taken inside the I.C.U i took out my phone and with my shivering, bloodied hands dialed Manik's number.

"Fuck! Pick up the phone Manik!" I cursed in frustration as this was the 20th time I was calling him but he wasn't picking up. I tried calling Navya but she also didn't pick up, must be probably sleeping.

Sighing I sat on the bench outside waiting and praying for her to be good.

After a while when the doctor stepped out I rushed towards him.

"Doctor how is my sister?" I was scared.

"She is fine for now! The injuries aren't severe but she has lost a lot of blood! She won't be regaining consciousness anytime soon. You'll have to wait otherwise she is fine!" He informed and I breathed in relief.

I thanked him before he left and asked him whether I could see her.

Stepping inside the room I found her lying in the middle of the room attached with wires and needles. She looked pale but peaceful. She didn't look in pain. The beeping of the machine beside indicated her heartbeats which were normal and I thanked god a thousand times for that.

"I'm sorry Nandini! I couldn't protect you!" I whispered to her unconscious figure.

I feel like I failed as a brother. Although we aren't related by blood but I had accepted her as my sister. I feel guilty for not being there for her.

I again tried calling Manik but still no response. I so want to fucking kill that idiot.

I sat there outside her room and waited for Nandini to gain consciousness. Almost nearly two hours passed but still she hasn't gained consciousness.

Just then my phone started ringing and I quickly fished it out to see the caller id.

It was -------Unknown number?

Nevertheless I picked it up.

"Hello!"

"So Cabir! How's Nandini doing?" The person from the other side asked.

I frowned.

"Who the fuck is this?" I asked angrily.

Instead of replying he laughed out loudly which made me fist the phone tightly.

"Aww you didn't recognise me?" He mocked and I thought for sometime.

It then clicked me --Aryaman!

"You fucker! Such a coward you are that you targeted Nandini instead of fighting like a man!" I nothing but yelled.

"I'm not a coward Cabir! If I want I can kill all of you in a second!" He gritted and I smirked.